Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The shadows in the first one offered a place to hide with that high light. Tbh looks like something I would have done in the second pic. Give it some time to grow out (and sell).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks fellas. I will let it grow in for now. I've received some rotala wallichii and I want to see if I can grow it. also got some rotala bonsai from Brookster. We'll see how it goes.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks fellas. I will let it grow in for now. I've received some rotala wallichii and I want to see if I can grow it. also got some rotala bonsai from Brookster. We'll see how it goes.

Good lookin tank, it'll be awesome when filled out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is awesome! I'm planning out a planted tank now. I saw you would choose the Eco if you did it again...any other suggestions?

I'll be watching the Rotala wallichii. #1 algae magnet for me ?

Wow, that is awesome! I'm planning out a planted tank now. I saw you would choose the Eco if you did it again...any other suggestions?

Thanks Jengo. I like the color over the flourite dark. It looks darker from pictures I've seen. I've also read its lighter than flourite and can have issues planting stems, since they don't stay down. I found I have the same problem with flourite though. Others on this thread have eco and can give you the low down. All I ever had is flourite and it works growing plants.

Tiger what's up! The tank is ok, looks a little plane since I've taking out the dw. plants seem to react much better with more light of course. I also have to scrub my rocks again since I'm starting to get BBA on them, but since having two jobs it's proves a lot harder to get maintenance done. I snapped a few pics last week since I thought it looked cool under my spot light, but then I look at the pics and it looks blah.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429007053640.jpg
    1429007053640.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 1429007085323.jpg
    1429007085323.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 73
Another one

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429007184574.jpg
    1429007184574.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 87
Tiger Terror what's up? Thanks for checking up on me. I haven't been really active on my thread, but I've been creeping on everybody else. With the second job and a recent death in the family. I've been putting my tanks on the back burner. My main tank looks pretty crappy. I did a major rescape but didn't keep up with it. I'll post a pic later this afternoon.

Tiger Terror what's up? Thanks for checking up on me. I haven't been really active on my thread, but I've been creeping on everybody else. With the second job and a recent death in the family. I've been putting my tanks on the back burner. My main tank looks pretty crappy. I did a major rescape but didn't keep up with it. I'll post a pic later this afternoon.

Sry about your loss in the family bro...looking forward to some pics. I decided to try my hand at dhg in the 20L,so a little time will tell if it'll take or not..

sit in silence

Thanks man. I just seen you added the dhg. Can't wait to see it grow in. Where did you get it from? I want a 20l now. Here's my crappy pic.

Attachments

• 1431723352975.jpg
    1431723352975.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 57
Thanks man. I just seen you added the dhg. Can't wait to see it grow in. Where did you get it from? I want a 20l now. Here's my crappy pic.

I picked the dhg up from a seller online that I had bought from in the past,seems to be very healthy..hopefully it'll take,I tried staur repens with no luck previously&hoping it's not a prelude for what could happen with the dhg..
As for a 20L,I'd say get you one&join the 20L Mafia...

sit in silence

I'm thinking about it.

Do it! Do it!
Another nice size tank is a 30L or 33L. That's LONG not LITRES; just to be clear.
With shallow tanks you will be trimming frequently. 12" depth - 2" substrate...you will get the most out of your lighting.

Back
Top Bottom