Planning 20g aqua scape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Traciedjessop

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi there. So I have a 20 gal long sitting in my closet I want to turn into an aqua scape. ;)
I do not want to mess with co2 diffuser stuff right now.

This is my inspiration. Similar plants and Forrest look is what I'll go for. Scaped differently.
Can I do something like this without the co2 diffuser deal. ??
Thanks!!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405193362.694859.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Most if not all the plants in that photo are CO2 needy plants, especially the carpeting plant (dwarf baby tears) foreground.

I suppose you can achieve a similar look with a moss carpet. But you'll need to buy a lot of moss as it's a pretty slow grower. I'd probably use a moss like mini Xmas or mini fissidens to do it. Lots of 2x2" stainless steel mesh with moss tied it it. Maybe some stones with moss attached as well.

Background consist of stem plants. There are some stem plants that are low-medium light friendly.

The low light route will take longer, but no CO2 involved. But if you want the same exact look as pictures, you'd want to start learning about high tech planted tanks (lighting, CO2, and ferts).

Thank you.
I'm gonna do high light. Was just not sure I wanted to mess with the diffuser stuff. I think I can do a DIY co2. Gonna try on existing tank and see. Then I'll do my research and plot the proper plants. If DIY doesn't work for me I may look at investing in the diffuser sys. I'm not looking at the exact plants. Just some of that Forrest look is what I want.

After seeing the store I saw today I kinda changed my mind about low tech on this tank. Just don't tell the hubs. Haha

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom