Planning an impulse buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked one up from petco last night, swapped out the carbon for an ammonia remover media, hopefully it will help with that. Didnt need to baffle it as it has an adjustable flow that is way better than the top fin power 10 filter that came with the tank. Betta is loving the lower flow.

Good to hear. Sounds like you’re doing everything you can for the little guy. [emoji4]
Keep us posted!

Yeah I am, sad to see so many bettas in cups and small bowls with no heat or filtration. Ive kept a lot of bettas as a kid but never really gave them a nice tank with heat and filtration. I notice a huge difference in activity, interaction and personality and Im loving this little guy.

I don’t think most folks realize how much personality betta’s have and how gorgeous they can be when they are cared for properly. They certainly don’t belong in nasty bowls.

I don’t think most folks realize how much personality betta’s have and how gorgeous they can be when they are cared for properly. They certainly don’t belong in nasty bowls.
We just got one today, and my daughter was really saddened by all the sick and dying fish.

I dont think any fish should be in a bowl at all. Wish male betta splendens could live together Id have a nice 36 gallon bowfront full of them.

What LED light should I get for my tank? Not a fan of the hood so going glass top and I want to grow low light no co2. Thinking 1 - 2 banana plants and add driftwood with moss growing on it.

No need for glass top. All my tanks are topless. Finnex clip on does a great job on low lights. Here’s Sid’s tank...
Cheap acrylic 3 gallon Walmart tank.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 73
Here’s another, the only betta tank with a hood...the older incandescent 5.5 gallon tank/hood combo:

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Gorgeous bettas man, the reason I want glass top is in case my betta tries to jump hes on top of my dresser. Would hate for him to get injured or die.

Thanks guys. Those little tanks are so easy to put together and maintain. I use Azoo filters and stack the media box like an AC.
I’ve never had a betta jump, but I guess it could happen.
Here’s another view of Sid’s 3 gallon tank, and I added a pic of my first betta tank. It’s a bit too small, but he lived for years and years.

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
It my experience with bettas, especially halfmoons and the like with long fins, they love having broad leafed plants to rest on which could explain why he has been resting on the gravel. You bought a very pretty Betta and I actually did that myself twice in the past month and a half :p. I would definitely recommend real plants, my bettas love swimming all around and through them and "hunting" for their little pellets and brine shrimp when I feed that. Best of luck with him! Keep us updated

Reygan
Those were certainly stunning displays. A must see for members planning a Betta setup.

Reygan

Those were certainly stunning displays. A must see for members planning a Betta setup.

Thanks, those pics are from several years ago. Very simple, inexpensive, and low maintenance setups. I wanted to share again so more folks can see just how easy it is to give a betta a proper, heated, and filtered tank. It truly brings out the best in them.

It my experience with bettas, especially halfmoons and the like with long fins, they love having broad leafed plants to rest on which could explain why he has been resting on the gravel. You bought a very pretty Betta and I actually did that myself twice in the past month and a half :p. I would definitely recommend real plants, my bettas love swimming all around and through them and "hunting" for their little pellets and brine shrimp when I feed that. Best of luck with him! Keep us updated

Definitely plan on adding plants to the tank, in a previous post planning on getting 1-2 banana plants and adding some wood covered in moss.

Back
Top Bottom