Planted 10 gal RCS journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice Andre!!!! Looks healthy bro!! I just dropped $20 on plants at my Lfs.. Friday fun time:D

Photo update time!

Lots of growth and clippings, most of them to friends tanks. Who would have though that a 10 gal could produce so much plants! Carpeting plants are growing and spreading nicely for the time they have in the tank.

Lots of baby and juvenile shrimp swimming around too!

Love the shrimp and the grass!

Thanks for all the comments! Small photo update:

Elocharis spreading really fast and the reds on both ludwigia and rotala are more intense than ever! iPhone photos are really not capturing it, so I'll try to get a better camera.

Nice Andre!!!! Looks healthy bro!! I just dropped $20 on plants at my Lfs.. Friday fun time:D

What did you get?

Love the shrimp and the grass!

Yes the grass is really moving along, check out the new photo! Never thought it would spread that fast.

Wow! You should be a professional aquascaper. Your tank is gorgeous!!!

Thanks so much, but there is so much to learn! It would be great to get paid for doing something so fun!

Attachments

• image-2928148344.jpg
    image-2928148344.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1187592745.jpg
    image-1187592745.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 83
That's awesome!! The reds look very nice.. And the shortys staying short is always a good thing!! I got a finnex planted plus.. So far so good, I'm getting my rotala to lighten and pink up.. It was dark green under the t5 no..

That's awesome!! The reds look very nice.. And the shortys staying short is always a good thing!! I got a finnex planted plus.. So far so good, I'm getting my rotala to lighten and pink up.. It was dark green under the t5 no..

Thanks! I'm out of town right now, for a week. So hopefully I'll get back home tomorrow to a lot of growth!

Photo update!

Full tank shot which I'm very happy with all the background plants are filling in nicely, I might replace the valisnerias at some point, but not sure what with yet.

image-1071397898.jpg

The elocharis is spreading all over which is very nice, but I think some trimming of the main planted stems would make them go greener, any advice in that?

image-1187430845.jpg

Pogostemon is growing nicely, carpeting and not growing too tall. I has exceeded all my expectations for this current setup.

image-2118487185.jpg

Lysimachia aurea has thrown too branches at the bottom of the main stems, so I'll have 5 stems soon, it has an amazing bright green colour, but grows very slowly.

image-4272920385.jpg

Rotala picking up a brighter red colour.

image-2878572697.jpg

That's all for now, hope you enjoy.

Please remind everyone, especially those in the market for new lighting and/or are interested in planted tanks, that you accomplished this with a DIY hood and 3 bulb CFL setup. There are more costly options out there but the results you have obtained versus the investment in lighting is simply amazing.
Of course you got the ferts and DIY CO2 working for you as well.

Thanks for all the comments!

You are rockin' it! I just dream of Pogostemon like that, maybe time for some extra lights.

What are you currently running and whats the tank depth?

Please remind everyone, especially those in the market for new lighting and/or are interested in planted tanks, that you accomplished this with a DIY hood and 3 bulb CFL setup. There are more costly options out there but the results you have obtained versus the investment in lighting is simply amazing. Of course you got the ferts and DIY CO2 working for you as well.

Yes, it's amazing! The CFL directly above the carpeting area is a 42 watt, but indeed only CFLs.

Looks great!!! That DIY co2 is killin it huh?

Yup, changing it once a week with just one bottle during the water change. DIY is a perfectly valid option for small tanks.

Attachments

• image-3406848562.jpg
    image-3406848562.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 73
Following

I'm thinking of doing something like this sometime. It's on my to-do list of tanks XD if only I had the money :(

Video update!

Hey everyone! Sorry for the long absence, but I have been quite busy. So without further ado, here is a video update. The forum won´t let me post more photos, says I´ve reached my quota.

Here is the youtube link:

10 gallon Red Cherry Shrimp Tank: 3 months update - YouTube

Algae is a bit out of control, but I will fight it off, the scaping is progressing to what I wanted.

Nice video. Tank is looking pristine. Your lighting choice is yielding great results. I like how your downoi is displaying compact growth.

BTW, you can always host your photos on 3rd party sites like Flickr, Minus, or PhotoBucket.

Back
Top Bottom