Planted 10 gallon betta community build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, I'm thinking about switching to sand, what color would you recommend?
Brown, black, or light brown?
Thanks!

Ok, so I'm gonna add 2 clamps on top of the tank, clamped
I want to add two, 6500k, 60w bulbs to my tank, is that enough to grow some dwarf hair grass or so my plants can get red?
Thanks!

120 watts over a 10g ? Way too much !!

To grow high light plants like DHG you need CO2 plus ferts plus the correct amount of light or you'll just grow Algae !

Bettas don't love super bright lights anyway. I use some floating plants so mine had cover.

With LEDs you should be able to grow low to some medium light plants.

A 10g is pretty tiny for normal sized Cories. Regular dwarf Cories get 2.5" or so. Some up to 3" depending on species.

If you've seen my tank vid, I was heavily stocked and heavily planted. But all my fish are tiny. Otos were my largest fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

120 watts over a 10g ? Way too much !!

To grow high light plants like DHG you need CO2 plus ferts plus the correct amount of light or you'll just grow Algae !

Bettas don't love super bright lights anyway. I use some floating plants so mine had cover.

With LEDs you should be able to grow low to some medium light plants.

A 10g is pretty tiny for normal sized Cories. Regular dwarf Cories get 2.5" or so. Some up to 3" depending on species.

If you've seen my tank vid, I was heavily stocked and heavily planted. But all my fish are tiny. Otos were my largest fish.

Ok, I'm working on a DIY co2 system for the tank and I will add liquid ferts
I did add some floating plant for the betta
Te Cory is a peppered one, one of the smaller ones, he is like 2-2.5 inches at the most
I'm going to give DHG a go once I have the co2 system and ferts added, if it does then I know it's the light
I have a photo period of about 14 hours

Ok, I'm working on a DIY co2 system for the tank and I will add liquid ferts
I did add some floating plant for the betta
Te Cory is a peppered one, one of the smaller ones, he is like 2-2.5 inches at the most
I'm going to give DHG a go once I have the co2 system and ferts added, if it does then I know it's the light
I have a photo period of about 14 hours

No no no. 14 hours ??? I don't light my planted tanks more than 8 hours. I reduce it to 6 hours if there is Algae.

Too much light or too long a photoperiod just grows Algae.

Lights on a timer. You can split photoperiod if needed as long as there is at least a 4 hour window to let plants photosynthesize.

I've seen some BIG Peppered Cories.
He should be in at least a 20 Long with 5 or more buddies. IMHO

Please read up a bit more on planted tanks.

Also Cories and DHG aren't a good mix, they will uproot it. DHG needs sand or fine substrate. It needs careful planting and frequent trims.
As well as correct light and ferts.

Here is some info I found http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-79978.html

Oh ok, thanks!
Think ill move the Cory back to the 55 and get some ADF's
Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom