Planted 30x30x30cm cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plants are growing fast. Noticed the HM had a deficiency. Looks like nitrogen to me but if anyone else has a thought let me know!

image-3861241859.jpg

image-731842285.jpg

image-2251352702.jpg

Downoi is growing well. It's starting to get another shoot. :D

image-4161735002.jpg

image-3938257341.jpg

Full tank shot

image-929142483.jpg

You're making me want to get a small betta tank...stop it! It looks so good I'm jealous!

Looks really good! Amazing green colours. I envy that nature offers you pretty rocks ;-)

I got these ones from eBay Australia. There are many places online that sell plants and when you've been a member long enough (15 days with 15+ posts) you can purchase from members here on AA.

You inspire me mumma:) im doing this to my small tank now! Therefore, i have lots of questions!
What is your lighting?
What other things do you provide for the plants? Co2, root tabs, liquid ferts, dry ferts etc?
What substrate..sand?
Oh..and what is that awesome plant on the bottom that is spreading nicely?!

Thanks!! Your tank is sweeeet!

Wy Renegade said:
Cube is looking good, as is that betta. Very nice color there!

Thank you. The Betta, Sherbet, is a nightmare. He's a cereal fin biter. I often see him with mouthfuls of his own fins. :/ crazy fish!

Gboy66 said:
You inspire me mumma:) im doing this to my small tank now! Therefore, i have lots of questions!
What is your lighting?
What other things do you provide for the plants? Co2, root tabs, liquid ferts, dry ferts etc?
What substrate..sand?
Oh..and what is that awesome plant on the bottom that is spreading nicely?!

Thanks!! Your tank is sweeeet!

Thanks.
All that info is in my first post. :)
The carpeting plant is HM.

Update:
I gave the carpet a trim and managed to uproot a whole heap of it. Replanted what I trimmed in the gaps so i think i fixed it. Cut some chain sword runners that where going where I didn't want them to. Made a massive mess when I accidentally stabbed a clay root tab with my tweezers. Tanks all cloudy now so no pics yet.

Mumma.of.two said:
They are Aussie ferts. Don't think Aquagreen ships overseas. HM = 'hemianthus micranthemoides'.

Ah yes, we have stuff like flourish and excel, do you use those?

Is there a common name for them?

The stuff I use is basically the same stuff but stronger. A guy here in Aus makes his own mix with dry ferts and sells it online. I can get excel and flourish but it's expensive compared to the Dino range.

Mumma.of.two said:
The stuff I use is basically the same stuff but stronger. A guy here in Aus makes his own mix with dry ferts and sells it online. I can get excel and flourish but it's expensive compared to the Dino range.

Great, thanks for the help mumma

My father came with me last time I went to a pet shop and saw a tank about the size you have and he looked really interested. After seeing how gorgeous you set up yours, I think I'll get it for him and show him your pictures. He'd love it!
Amazing job, Mumma!

Back
Top Bottom