Planted 30x30x30cm cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow, you have a great looking betta, and a stunning tank!

youngster said:
we should be thanking you (so should your fish) for making another awesome tank! Where do you get those ideas from?

Thanks :) I can spend hours on google images looking at planted tanks. They are all so beautiful!

Bit of an update. A nice thick carpet was growing then about a week ago a section on the left front corner started dying off. The only thing I can think of is I could have burnt it with fertilizer. I do dump it in that corner everyday. I might start diluting it a bit before I add it from now on.

image-1666190645.jpg

Full tank

image-3081884209.jpg

Right side

image-3351994644.jpg

Left side with dying leaves.

image-3429959310.jpg

image-2760812699.jpg

image-2038790967.jpg

image-2954364172.jpg

As per usual I dug up that same clay root tab and clouded the tank. I removed it for good this time so it won't happen again! I tried my best to cut out the dead stuff while doing a trum of the healthy stuff but after hitting the clay I couldn't see a thing so I gave up. I also put a plastic barrier around the downoi to protect it a bit. It did have a nice side shoot but due to my neglect the HM smothered it a bit so it suffered. When I get around to it I'll probably replace the plastic with rocks or something.
I was so sure I had lost one of the ottos but they both showed up :)

Attachments

• image-2750581573.jpg
    image-2750581573.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I imagine it would be a pain finding Ottos in there. But exceptional tank for sure

Hey guys. The tanks been a little neglected. Plants are growing like crazy even with only a once weekly dose of ferts. The downoi didn't make it though since I stopped daily dosing. It's in desperate need of a trim but I've been really distracted with our new house ;)

Sad news. I tore the tank down about 3-4 weeks ago. Life got busy and the tank suffered. The fish got moved to other tanks and I made a nice profit off the plants :)

Sorry to hear it. It was a lovely tank. Still, good aquarists know when to draw back their ambitions for the sake of their pets whenever life gets to busy. We've pretty much all been there at some point. Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom