Planted 5 Gallon Video/Picture Diary.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
April 12th, 2009. - Whole New Look.

Well i've totally changed my tank, hopefully for the better. I'm letting it grow in right now so it might look a little incompletely or not full like it was. I've removed many plants and hopefully got rid of most of my hair algae problem.

My plant list has changed because quite a bit of plants were removed.

Plants:
Corkscrew Vals
Dwarf Hairgrass
Dwarf Chainsword
Java Fern
Narrow Leaf Java Fern
Java Moss
Red Root Floaters
Duckweed (Very little of it)
Lubelia
C. Wendtii
Little bit of HC
Rotala R
Water Sprite

Inhabbits:
Crowntail Betta
Snails like always :)

Picture time. Enjoy!

Before
img_973504_0_7015c0ce97c219ddf96ca2271b0e15af.jpg

After
img_973504_1_6f5f0750cf98aaa5dce52bdc0b8a5667.jpg

Like always i'm open to all opions and all ideas.

Looking good ben. How are the ferts workin out? Any luck on combating the hair algae?

I just clicked to enlarge the pic. Looks like the pogostemon lost most of it's leaves. I wonder if this is light deficiency or perhaps it was caused my an N or P deficiency. Hopefully it is the latter and the ferts will take care of it.

I just clicked to enlarge the pic. Looks like the pogostemon lost most of it's leaves. I wonder if this is light deficiency or perhaps it was caused my an N or P deficiency. Hopefully it is the latter and the ferts will take care of it.

Yeah I noticed that too. I think when I remove some hairalgae it ripped a lot off.

Hopefully the ferts will do their work :D

Very big improvement from my last scape. Now i'm just waiting for my plants to fill in.

Also wanted to replace the Rotala R. in back right corner with sunset hygro. Just looking for some and having troubles :(

img_978864_0_b9148c28a268c95583fc6dce2b263dca.jpg

Ignore the rock with the string on it, not part of the scape.

Well, he said to ignore the rock with the string on it :) Sometimes it's easy to miss a line of text under a picture. When the moss starts to attach you can remove the string. I've had java ferns attached to rocks with a string and after awhile I cut and pulled the string out.

Well, he said to ignore the rock with the string on it :) Sometimes it's easy to miss a line of text under a picture. When the moss starts to attach you can remove the string. I've had java ferns attached to rocks with a string and after awhile I cut and pulled the string out.

Well actually I have it in there temp. because it's moss from outside, i've heard thats how our aquatic mosses came about, so I wanted to try it and didn't have a free tank for the project. So I thought I would put it in with that tank.

Besides that everything else is looking good to me. Can't wait to see it grow in better. Hopefully soon i'll get my sunset hygro, then i'll replace my Rotala R.

lol. saw him say it. thats why i made my comment :p just messing around

Don't have to be serious, i'm not serious very much at all. It's just you could have put something else besides just that. What am I suppose to expect? Atleast put a "jk" or something.

Honestly though, I don't really want to get into anything so lets leave it at that.

I found somone to send me some Sunset hygro to replace the Rotala R in the back right corner. They will be shipping on Monday and i'll be expecting them Wensday or Thrusday. Can't wait.

Now I just need to let the rest of my stuff grow in.

i think the sunset will look awesome in your tank. i'm not a fan of rotala

I really like the look! Big improvement. You guys are bruising my ego - I sent you both your Rotala R I think - I love it :p

Sorry to say Fort, but i'm replacing the Rotala R haha. I'm going to try it in another aquarium so i'm not just going to throw it away haha.

I just want something with broader leaves and a fuller look, I know if I had more of it and I let it grow in it would probably work, but I really like the looks of the hygro sunset and I think it will fit well.

Updates with Pictures!

Well not much to say really. The Hygro is growing well, the newmoss is growing still hasn't died yet, hopefully it won't. I also just removed the filter completely, when I add ferts I stir the water around, and I still do water changes. The powerfilter was to much power for my little betta so I just put it into my 60G.

I'm looking for some Downoi, hopefully somone has some on here I can snag. I only need one small plant, not a bunch. That's all I want is one plant but seems like no one has any to spare.

Well here are the pictures.

May 10th
img_983963_0_40b2b8160a710cd8c107cb525f901ea5.jpg

May 11th
img_983963_1_fefe395f824358b5c37cd020818f9bc5.jpg

May 14th
img_983963_2_2a5a39f807d3f86689e00100929892e4.jpg

May 14th, (Colored background using lights and white board)
img_983963_3_6722ef0dcbf03a0cc993ab6b6100a52c.jpg

May 16th
img_983963_4_23057284b3c80bf60c95ae97eade087d.jpg

NewMoss Leaf
img_983963_5_39146d3fcb39c7d4086b91ce20d81106.jpg

NewMoss New Growth
img_983963_6_66cce0dcec0dbdd5cc73a8e0f7907ef0.jpg

Tell me what you think, and please inform me if anyone was one downoi plant to spare.
icon_biggrin.gif

Pleasures,
Ben

Back
Top Bottom