Planted Bowls!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, since I'm doing a dry start, I needed something heavy in nutrients. Plus, I had some left over from my other tank, so why not, right? :) You could definitely just use sand with root tabs if you are going to have root feeding plants.

Is doing a dry start better for the plants? Sorry if its a dumb question. This is my first try with plants.

Is doing a dry start better for the plants? Sorry if its a dumb question. This is my first try with plants.

It's easier to grow some plants this way, as you don't really have to worry about algae or maintenance. Just keep it moist and humid and wait for them to grow. I'm not sure if all can be grown emersed, but I know that DHG can... Lol

Ah.. I thought all plants (if they're aquatic) would grow submersed. Looks like I need to do more research before I pick plants. Also, what's DHG?

Emersed growth would be the plant out of water while the roots are still wet, submersed is all underwater.

I understand the emersed vs submersed it was the DHG that I was wondering about. :)

Well. I'll be bringing in some RCS to the LFS for some store credit and buy a bowl now. Thanks a lot guys :lol:

I got my substrate and a light. :) pics to follow. I haven't set it all up yet. I'm about to. :)

Here's a pic. I didn't cap the FloraMax I used, so I'm stuck waiting for the mud to clear. :)

img_2428742_0_e0dc12eba78a9fda81f6dde07ff703f3.jpg

I'll definitely be checking for an updated picture on it. :) I'm hoping to get to the store tomorrow for my stuff to start too.

I'll definitely be checking for an updated picture on it. :) I'm hoping to get to the store tomorrow for my stuff to start too.

Awesome. :) can't wait to see yours! You will definitely get an updated picture!

ok got a few pics deleted so I could add some new ones.

60074-albums12102-picture54834.jpg

Here is my new bowl (3G) and the DHG I just picked up at petsmart for 8.99 yikes is that steep. Going with the Garnet sand, unless after some research I can do Titanium sand, it has a bit of green tint in grey- very cool looking.

Like the possibility of doing a pipe of soil thing. But would need to order. For now am planning to plant half or all of the DHG to get it going well, like a dry start in organic soil til I decide.

Going with petrified wood stone

60074-albums9460-picture37734.jpg

OR

maybe #17 or bottom right, with is really #21 number flipped sideways

60074-albums9460-picture37766.jpg

Have a bunch more to look at but they are in the back of the garage behind some other stuff!

Any votes for these possibilities?

Back
Top Bottom