Planted, cycling help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfool58

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 10 gal tank, 2 10w cfl 6500k bulbs, AquaTech 5-15 filter. Stocking list will be RCS & Endlers Livebearers.& will not be using co2. New to live plants & DW. My pH is 6.2, how do I keep it at a steady 7.2? How soon should I add my fish/shrimp? & How do I get rid of the 'dust particles' that settle on my plants(mainly roots & java moss & some leaves), the inside glass, & in my filter. If I rearrange anything I can't see anything for atleast a day, if I'm lucky. need help, don't wanna make this a bad experience as I love the natural look of plants & DW!

Thanks in Advance!!

Hi! Honestly, I've found over time from people on AA that the answer for almost anything regarding water quality is to do a 50% pwc. I have a 10 gal tank too, and cloudy water should clear up in about a week...

Pmcgoldie said:
Hi! Honestly, I've found over time from people on AA that the answer for almost anything regarding water quality is to do a 50% pwc. I have a 10 gal tank too, and cloudy water should clear up in about a week...

It's really only cloudy if I agitate the substrate, which I washed for hours.. & it just settles everywhere, so any movement other than the filter makes it ridiculously cloudy.. But I will try a water change later today.. Thanks.

fishfool58 said:
It's really only cloudy if I agitate the substrate, which I washed for hours.. & it just settles everywhere, so any movement other than the filter makes it ridiculously cloudy.. But I will try a water change later today.. Thanks.

That's weird...good luck though :)

Pmcgoldie said:
That's weird...good luck though :)

Thanks, I know my filter sucked up a lot
Of the floating particles, maybe I'll just
Empty it & start over til it sucks up
All of it.. & I'll do a water change
After I agitated it, so that'll help get rid
Of the floating particles.

Back
Top Bottom