Planting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tdukes22

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to buy plants and coral n etc for my fw tank but idk exactly what to buy to help it go n to plant it or What ever n I wanted to know how much plants of real n fake would be good in my 55g tank

Please tell us your tank setup.
Size and type/wattage of lights..
We can then help out further..

cjldad said:
Please tell us your tank setup.
Size and type/wattage of lights..
We can then help out further..

I have a 55g top fin n the light is n I think the light is a fluorescent lamp bulb idk how many watts though :(

Without knowing wattage and type of bulb it is impossible to recommend any live plants for your tank.

fort384 said:
Without knowing wattage and type of bulb it is impossible to recommend any live plants for your tank.

How could I find it out

It should be stamped on the bulbs somewhere.. Post all the numbers if you can't figure which is the wattage..

cjldad said:
It should be stamped on the bulbs somewhere.. Post all the numbers if you can't figure which is the wattage..

It says natural daylight
F15t8/18"
Made by marineland

I'm sorry, but that isn't much light for growing plants.. :( Did you get the whole setup as one or get it used?

cjldad said:
I'm sorry, but that isn't much light for growing plants.. :( Did you get the whole setup as one or get it used?

As one what type of light do I need

cjldad said:
I'd suggest a t5ho..
2x54w setup for growing some decent plants..

What type of plants n where should I go to get the bulbs and how much do they run 4

You would need a new light fixture for those bulbs. Fixture would run about $130.. Would suggest glass tops for the tank as well..

Did you get everything new? Just wondering if it would make sense to start anew to get what you want..

cjldad said:
You would need a new light fixture for those bulbs. Fixture would run about $130.. Would suggest glass tops for the tank as well..

Did you get everything new? Just wondering if it would make sense to start anew to get what you want..

Yea got it brand new

Yes, unfortunately with that fixture, it will difficult to grow live plants. You might be able to keep some java moss or java ferns alive with it. Your options though are pretty limited unless you upgrade to a higher light source.

Back
Top Bottom