Plants releasing bubbles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is quite normal. That is pearling. You get this when you have a level amount of co2 in your tank. Plants also occasionally do it when you trim them (at the trimmed end)

Pearling is not to do with co2. It is more to do with o2..

Pearling occurs when the plants produce o2 faster than it can dissolve in water. This is more likely to happen after a water change when the water is highly oxygenated.
Its a good sign though as it means plants are doing well

Pearling is not to do with co2. It is more to do with o2..

Pearling occurs when the plants produce o2 faster than it can dissolve in water. This is more likely to happen after a water change when the water is highly oxygenated.
Its a good sign though as it means plants are doing well

Yes the plant releases o2 but they produce o2 faster because there is enough co2 to take in. You will see a lot more pearling in a tank injecting co2 than in a tank that is not.

Yes the plant releases o2 but they produce o2 faster because there is enough co2 to take in. You will see a lot more pearling in a tank injecting co2 than in a tank that is not.

Yes i appreciate that. Its not just the co2 though. The plants also need the correct amount of light and nutrients also to photosynthesise at a rate that produces the pearling effect.

I was simply stating that the effect of pearling is linked to the production of and levels of o2 in the water.

I have pressurised co2 in my tank and have the majority of my plants pearling everyday. I cant seem to get my DHG and oddly my pogostemon erectus to though for some reason.

I believe the pearling effect can also be achieved when using a liquid carbon such as excel

Back
Top Bottom