Plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This might be an odd question but thats why im posting it. I have a red zebra an aratus and a birchardi. I understand the zebra and aratus are
Herbavores, But im quite a fan of java moss and i think my tank would look amazing with it in the tank, do you think they would eat it if i put it in the tank?

Also my PH is at 8.0-8.2. I dont know a lot about aquatic plants but is that too high for java moss? Im assuming so

If you keep them well fed plants will survive. I have had amazon swords grow in my tank with red zebras and yellow labs. I lost them all when one week I didn't have time to feed them properly and they ate most of the leaves.

Yeah ill skip on that. My fish are fed 2 times daily and eat like monsters that moss will be done for

Thanks for the info

What you're gonna be most worried about is your fish eating your moss...there are very few plants if any that can be kept long term with the fish you've listed..take your time,surf the web&you'll find plenty of information out there...also many members will&can be extremely helpful on this subject..

What you're gonna be most worried about is your fish eating your moss...there are very few plants if any that can be kept long term with the fish you've listed..take your time,surf the web&you'll find plenty of information out there...also many members will&can be extremely helpful on this subject..

The thing though is he specifically wants the moss. I forgot where but I saw a very detailed thread somewhere about A. cichlids and plants. One guy listed plants and his experience with them in an A. cichlid tank.

skald89 said:
The thing though is he specifically wants the moss. I forgot where but I saw a very detailed thread somewhere about A. cichlids and plants. One guy listed plants and his experience with them in an A. cichlid tank.

I've kept anubias&java fern with them with varied success..these fish are opportunistic eaters&usually go after most anything that can fit in their mouths..

tiger terror said:
I've kept anubias&java fern with them with varied success..these fish are opportunistic eaters&usually go after most anything that can fit in their mouths..

Yes i realized they eat everything!!!!!
I might get a small amount if java moss and see what they do

If you try it watch your filters if you have a hob. They can get clogged up very easily from small pieces of plants getting sucked up.

Back
Top Bottom