platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delfino

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok peeps,
I still have my 29 gallon with rasboras,cardinals,and now 1 angelfish,cories,otos,and a bushy nosed plec.My wife came with me the other day to the local pet store and wanted me to buy some platys,or guppies for my tank cause she said"the add some color to it".I dont mind buying them,just not sure if they would survive in there.there are plenty of hiding place cause my tank is a jungle,so im not worried about that.So im asking the experts of AA to let me know what i should do.So what do you guys think?
Thanks,
Delfino:cool:

Well i think the guppies or platys would be fine but the cardinals might be in danger a little bit from the angelfish so i would say yes to the platys and guppies

I dont see a problem with adding some. They should survive and you have fish that will enjoy there fry they will make so i say good editions.

QT QT QT. And they should be fine. :) Just make sure you get some good stock. Since you're in NY you should check for a local fish club. Some of the private varieties of platy and guppy are INCREDIBLE (I happen to have quite a few, see avatar pic) and you will not find them in the normal stores. Most people will also part with some for free/very little since they are prolific breeders.

Back
Top Bottom