Please help stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rams, honey gourami, trio of pearl gourami? Paradise fish? Depending on the size of the tankmakes, dollar sunfish?

I think I'm going to go with a school of at least 6 bloodfin and penguin tetras and go from there

I saw a chameleon fish(badis) would that work and would I be able to put an ADF and a bamboo shrimp in with them?

I would stick with one school if you are going to want and ADF, shrimp and a badis too. You do have a decent amount of water to work with, but you don't want to overstock. What type of filter, lights are you running? Will you be putting live plants in? If you have two schools that would probably all you could put in there. I like your idea of and ADF, shrimp and badis though. Schooling fish are awesome, but I always like to have something else to look at too. If I had this space and the available fish you have stated I would do 6 bloodfins, 2 ADFs, 12 bamboo shrimp and a badis. That would be an awesome setup. Just know though...ADFs are hard to care for at first. I had two a couple months ago and they refused to eat anything I tried. The store said they would readily accept pellets--they didn't. They wouldn't eat frozen bloodworms or even brine shrimp (sea monkeys).

I do know that ADF are hard at first unless you get really lucky and as far ad lighting and filtration I have a floral sun to promote plant growth and I have a marineland penguins 350 and an API nexx 55g filter for the water. I am probably try and get about 30g to play with as far as the fish go an I will be doing a combination of real an silk plants throughout

And I think that 12 bamboo shrimp is too many since normally it's said to put about 10 in a 55g and I only have 30g to play with

I can't fund ant1 who carries or that can order a badis for me so is there any other oddball fish I can put in my 25-30g as a centerpiece

Badis wouldn't have been a good choice for that tank anyway IMO. They can get shy around larger tankmates.
I still suggest a honey gourami. It would be fine with the other fish you mentioned.
Bamboo shrimp can be difficult to keep alive and its hard to find healthy ones. They are really cool though. I love keeping them.

I've also been looking at what my lfs calls red and white bumble bee shrimp instead of the bamboo and I was thinking of a groumai but was trying to see If I can find something like my mono sabae in my 75g. Active comes to the glass when he sees me and is always swimming around never just treds water

I didn't think so that's why I want something active for my centerpiece

Ok so the tank will hold 29-32g and I've come up with a stocking list and wanted to know if it'll work

2-3- ADF(african dwarf frogs)
6- bloodfin tetras
6- golden white clouds
2- peacock gudgeons
possibly 6- celestial pearl danios

Ok so the tank will hold 29-32g and I've come up with a stocking list and wanted to know if it'll work

2-3- ADF(african dwarf frogs)
6- bloodfin tetras
6- golden white clouds
2- peacock gudgeons
possibly 6- celestial pearl danios
Sorry for not getting back to you right away.
Its not typically recommended to keep adf with fish because the frogs often get out-competed for food. I know some people do it successfully, but I don't suggest it for this tank.
Bloodfins, white clouds, and gudgeons should be fine IMO.
CPD can be a bit shy with larger tankmates, so I am not sure if they would be a good mix in this tank or not. Perhaps somebody who has kept them will chime in and be more helpful than me. :)

It's ok no prob since the cpds might be too shy is there any other small schooling fish(other than neons which I'm not a fan of) that I can replace them with for this tank and quick question would I be able to switch the gudgeons with a blue angel? Since they only need a 30g("recommended") or is that pushing it since my tank is long not high.

It's ok no prob since the cpds might be too shy is there any other small schooling fish(other than neons which I'm not a fan of) that I can replace them with for this tank and quick question would I be able to switch the gudgeons with a blue angel? Since they only need a 30g("recommended") or is that pushing it since my tank is long not high.
How high would the angel's section be? At a glance it doesn't sound like this is the best set-up for an angel because of the height.
IME, ember tetras are less shy than cpd. But, like I said, some people have good luck with cpd in communities, so its up to you. Another option is harlequin raboras or espei rasboras.

I'm starting to like the haliquins I like their color and thei schooling but now the gudgeons are out of stock and won't be in for a month is there any other centerpiece I could use?(I'm not really into groumis or rams)

Apistos are very cool but everyone I know has the double red and aggazzi(I think that's you to spell it) but the hongsloi looks very nice but they are sold out everywhere but I'm going to try to get my hands on one. I know I'm starting to be a pest but is there anything else I can look into also for the time being?

Back
Top Bottom