Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostLoach

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have an aqueon 55 gallon kit it came with two hoods housing 15 watt fluorescent bulbs (1 in each) so a total of 30w im an trying to grow low light plants so i need a minimum of 55 watts. how do i know which bulbs are compatible with this hood for a higher wattage the plastic white piece in the hood holding the bulb says C109W if that means anything thanks all help is greatly appreciated
-david

Any bulb you put in that fixture will have the same wattage. You can either change the ballast(not easy IMO) or get a higher wattage fixture. You could try to find a cheap T5 or HO fixture.

--Adeeb

The balast controlls the wattage of you lighting. You will need to upgrade your balast or fixture like Adeeb said. With that low light you might me able to grow some java moss or anubis but dont expect lush green plants with such low light. Check out craigslist or the classified section here, you might find a good deal. Even if you only get a 55 watt light; its a start.

Back
Top Bottom