Please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry. Amazing how we get attached to our fish.
In my thoughts.

Indeed... everyone kinda is like all weirded out cause I get attached to my fish cause they aren’t like cats and dogs... it broke my heart. :( He’s not suffering anymore though.

Sorry about your fish..
The tank is still infected so leave it empty for 2 weeks at least or drain and wash everything thoroughly .

Sorry about your fish..
The tank is still infected so leave it empty for 2 weeks at least or drain and wash everything thoroughly .

We are washing it out with boiling water and vinegar and washing everything good. I got another one but it won’t get infected if all the things are thoroughly washed right? I hope not. We are in the process now of washing it out and I have the master kit and water conditioner.

Not sure if it is necessary but I would crank the heat up in the new tank if you are transferring stuff to 90F for several days. Heat kills ich. Of course turn it back down before adding fish.

We are washing it out with boiling water and vinegar and washing everything good. I got another one but it won’t get infected if all the things are thoroughly washed right? I hope not. We are in the process now of washing it out and I have the master kit and water conditioner.
Just reference the info you got on here for the future if you run across this problem again. The first sign of white salt like spots on your fish begin treatment for ich. Getting betta from these pet shops that keep them in plastic containers on the shelf are almost gauranteed to be infected with something. If you can, try to get a baby betta and ask your LFS when get their new stock in then buy. Water filtration, water heater, water dechlorinator and the test kit you got are a must IMO. Do frequent water changes, every few days at 50%, when you get a new fish. Research/Google aquarium cycle and learn up on the steps to take. Or come on here and get some advice on tank cycling. There's alot of knowledgeable people on here. You washing your tank out like Coral suggested will do then you can start over. You will have better luck on the next one.

Just reference the info you got on here for the future if you run across this problem again. The first sign of white salt like spots on your fish begin treatment for ich. Getting betta from these pet shops that keep them in plastic containers on the shelf are almost gauranteed to be infected with something. If you can, try to get a baby betta and ask your LFS when get their new stock in then buy. Water filtration, water heater, water dechlorinator and the test kit you got are a must IMO. Do frequent water changes, every few days at 50%, when you get a new fish. Research/Google aquarium cycle and learn up on the steps to take. Or come on here and get some advice on tank cycling. There's alot of knowledgeable people on here. You washing your tank out like Coral suggested will do then you can start over. You will have better luck on the next one.

Okay thank you. We don’t have a heater with a dial or something we just have a mini heater for our 3gal tank. :(

That's ok. Buy a small thermometer that attaches to the inside of the tank. Keep the water 78-80 degrees for betta.

That's ok. Buy a small thermometer that attaches to the inside of the tank. Keep the water 78-80 degrees for betta.

Oh lol we have that. XD Thanks to everyone who gave me info. It was a scary thing, all my other betta is doing great.

So sorry to hear. I've cranked my heat up to 89-90 for my Betta before. He got ich from me adding some store fish that had it. Anyways. 89-90 degrees with salt (salt is big deal for Betta's) salt helps them breath better when the ich is caked to the gills. Mine was better within a day. Then I did a clean out of his tank. To this day he is fun of life. Just wanted to share if it happens again. Stress causes alot of different problems for Betta's. They are touchy sometimes. I wish you all the luck!

Looks more like velvet to me, but I'm not 100% on that. Usually Ich shows up as distinct bright white spots, hard to miss. Copper sulfate and heat to cure velvet.

Looks more like velvet to me, but I'm not 100% on that. Usually Ich shows up as distinct bright white spots, hard to miss. Copper sulfate and heat to cure velvet.
That's what I was thinking. And ich is usually all over the body and fins when it's that bad.

Back
Top Bottom