please identify this anemone ok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirfishmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
please ID this

5120.jpg

thanks

I think I might have one of these and/or a variation of this one... It's hard to distinquish between them though. Do condy's have a tubular base and really shrivel up at night??? I bought another "green" anemone which is starting to show longer tenticles, the longer it stays in the tank. Never thought I would become so interested in a reef tank, let alone with taking at least 20 portraits of them whenever they do something 'cute and different'. :lol:

ya clowns wont host in these, or at least not the ones that we have at the lfs that i work at. we have had our anemone and our clown for about 2 weeks and the clown doesnt go near the thing.

Mine do!! I have had a Domino Damsel, Percula Clown, and a Tomato Clown host it.

The Tomato clown will not let anything get close to it now. :wink:

I have better pics, and closeups at work. I'll post tomorrow. For now look at the lower left of this pic.

Each clown is different. Some will pass up a perfectly good anemone for the chance to host a powerhead.

I've also heard of clowns ignoring an anemone and then suddenly hosting it.

I have 2 of these. It's pretty cool watching them eat shrimp. A few nights ago, however, one of them lost all but 3 of it's tentacles. Anyone ever have that happen? I suspect a hermit crab and have since isolated him. They've been living together happily (I thought) for a a couple of months now.

Back
Top Bottom