Pleco problem - missing in a 2.5g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont know,but you have a pleco in a 2.5? wayyyyyyyyy to small

Does it have a top? Could it have jumped out? I agree, that tank is too small. Even plecos that don't grow to be huge, like bn's, need at least 20 or 30 gallons I believe...

Last edited:
I'm not gonna echo the others about the size tank and the pleco being in it, I think you get the point or at least I hope so.

Check that skull.

Pleco s are nocturnal , and shy. I see my clown Pleco once every 3 weeks if I am lucky . They hide in my small castle. Prolly stuck to the inside of your skull.

Online said:
Pleco s are nocturnal , and shy. I see my clown Pleco once every 3 weeks if I am lucky . They hide in my small castle. Prolly stuck to the inside of your skull.

Interesting about clown plecos. I just got one last Tuesday. And I've seen him a ton. But yes, I agree with the nocturnal thing. I drop a wafer in after lights out and in the morning it's nowhere to be found.

I always keep the lid closed except when feeding the fish and I took the filter og the side and looked to see if the fish was attached it wasnt ive checkrd the skull multiple times not there thats why I was wonderimg if they could bury themselves

I have an almost 2inch Abn in my mixed African tank n never see him day or night haha. He has a tough crowd to hang with, I might see him once a week if I'm lucky, I usually go digging around for him at wc time to make sure he is still kickin, they r great at hiding just doesn't seem like there would be many places to hide in a 2.5. Is that a submersible filter? Have u looked behind it?

I cat never let her un my room because of multiple fish tanks in there. My plecosomus doesnt have a tough crowd only a guppy

Back
Top Bottom