Pleco ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can you have more than 1 pleco in a tank? Or will they fight .....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What size tank, what kind of pleco?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have enough hiding areas, you could potentially keep multiple plecos. Males are usually more aggressive.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have 40g Breeder Tank. 1 male BN pleco, 2 USD cat, 15 Cory's, Rasbora/Danio/Betta on top.
Thinking Rubbernose or Bulldog Pleco

OR if I can find 1, a Siamese algae eater (NOT) Chinese

That's a good amount of floor space, as betta owner stated though... i think the sae would be cool but they seem impossible to fund around here..

SAE are impossible to find out here too. I even go into CT and no one has any. Are Rubbernose Pleco the same thing as Bulldog/pitbull/ Wide Mouth pleco??

Yah, pretty sure.. petsmart?

Maybe. There is one in Enfield, Ct.
I really want the pitbull pleco. They are known to be VERY good algae eaters!!! Very hard to find tho. I'll settle for SAE but it must be SAE. Not CAE. Way to aggressive
I looked on planetcatfish. Pitbull is it's own species. 2"
Rubbernose is 5"

The Pittbull Pleco scientific name is-- Parotocinclus -- so, is it the same the same thing, technically speaking, as the "Otos" you see everywhere ??

The Pittbull Pleco scientific name is-- Parotocinclus -- so, is it the same the same thing, technically speaking, as the "Otos" you see everywhere ??

Those are cool little fish, never even heard of them before.. never knew there was a pleco that stayed so small. Apparently they're quite difficult to find?? Not the same as an oto cat though..

Ok - I just figured since it had "oto" in its name, it would be the same thing - SOOOOOOOOOO hard to find !!

Yah, it may be impossible actually, they're in the same boat as zebra plecos, extremely rare and extremely expensive. Maybe a rubber lip??

I can get a rubber lip !! There is 2 stores out here that have them. They are cute too. Someone told me the Pitbull pleco will eat BlackBeard Algae. That's the only reason I wanted it.

I can get a rubber lip !! There is 2 stores out here that have them. They are cute too. Someone told me the Pitbull pleco will eat BlackBeard Algae. That's the only reason I wanted it.

Hmmm, i don't know.. amano shrimp will... so will spot treating with hydrogen peroxide.

I have Amano shrimp, they sleep in the BBA. It's all flowy and soft.
LOL
I would literally have to take apart my tanks and start over - it's really not worth it...... WAY to much work
It's not that bad, just annoying

Cut back lighting and spot treat, you dose excel or metricide?

Lightning HIGH light for all live plants - but only on 7 hours
Yes I do use excel and flourish and iron and root tabs

you can have a male brisille nose pleco and a few females in the same tank , males will fight unless there is a ton of hiding spots for them to set up there own territory

If I get female BN they're going to have babies not about having A tank full of pleco's
My male however he's a bully I have three males in three separate tanks they are bullies even to the other fish
- Will the males fight only their own kind or if I had one BN and one Rubber lip would that be okay??? Plecos other than BN are hard to tell apart ...... If I actually had a male BN and a female rubberlip would you get a BN Rubberlip ?? That would look really funny

I have Rubber Lip Plecos in two of my tanks and they really do an incredible job cleaning algae off the glass. My 55 never has any left, and on my 40 it was starting to get a little over run and I bought one, scrubbed it down and there has been none since. I have heard as they get older they eat less, but mine are both less than a year so I can only speak on those. Love those guys

Back
Top Bottom