Plight of the mollie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermazz9

Aquarium Advice Activist
I lost my last mollie today. It was sad, he was my longest lasting and my most beautiful specimen. White, with long, flowing fins, nicely sized. Don't think I'll ever keep mollies again. I haven't had a single one last more than a year. I don't know...maybe it's my water or something...course I've kept GBR, and I've heard that their very picky on their water quality parameters. Everyone else in the tank is doing dandy. Test the water and I'm good.

Just did a water change, seeing as I had a dead fish in there and a couple of uprooted plants floating around. Just bought a Python, first time I used it. Dear God, how did I not have a Python before now?!?!

Yah, I guess that's the positive out of my day. So sad about my mollie...

sorry for your loss. I killed my longest surviving molly baby by forgetting to prime the water. I am still kicking my own b*** for that one.

On the note of the python though, i just recently bought one myself, and now I do water changes a couple times a week instead of once every two weeks :D

As long as your not doing it one or two times a day we won't send the python police your way :D

Sorry to hear about your fish. I lost a Mollie this week too. I don't know why... just found him dead. Its been a 2 dead fish week here with the neon that got NTD.

nope, just once or twice a week, which is still a feat for me, as I have 9 tanks (1 55, 2 20, 3 10, 2 2.5, 1 5). The goldfish tank gets water changes every two days for sure (i have three common goldfish in a 10g. I know, I know, but my mom gave them to me, and I had no where else to put them. They will get upgraded once I get a bigger place.)

Back
Top Bottom