Plz help babies maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you on a computer or phone app? On the computer the forum has a chat room.

Oh yea I'm on my phone. I havent gotten on this sight on a computer in a while that's why nothing on my profile is up to date lol

Ahh .. It only works on a computer. I used the phone app all the time so I didn't even know it existed until another member told me. Now I pop in there every once in a while.

Oh my! Your fish are like bunnies! Lol! Which fish was holding these ones?

Small issue..some of my babies have managed to get themselves inside the filter. It's a fluval tank where the filter is built in to the tank. How in the world am I going to get them out of there??

Small issue..some of my babies have managed to get themselves inside the filter. It's a fluval tank where the filter is built in to the tank. How in the world am I going to get them out of there??

Do you have a tiny net? Otherwise I don't know maybe suck them into a straw or turkey baster?

I don't have a net that would fit in there. I thought about the turkey baster, I'm a little afraid it may hurt them when I "suck em up"? They're so tiny. The ones in the filter area are much smaller than the rest. Also, when should I be transferring them over to the 10 gallon? They're still pretty small.

I don't have a net that would fit in there. I thought about the turkey baster, I'm a little afraid it may hurt them when I "suck em up"? They're so tiny. The ones in the filter area are much smaller than the rest. Also, when should I be transferring them over to the 10 gallon? They're still pretty small.

A ten should be fine for awhile. Put a sponge of the filter intake in the 10 cause they won't be so lucky if they are sucked up a HOB filter. I think one at a time with the baster would be your best shot

Ok I'll give it a go.. I'll have to cut a sponge for the intake hopefully that doesn't throw that tank back into cycle. These smaller tanks are so fragile. I keep calling it a 10 its a 20 lol!

Ok either I'm doing it wrong or the gravy paster does NOT work! Lol! I can't manage to get ONE bloody baby!!

Ok I think I'm just going to dump the entire little tank into the bigger tank.

That's what I would do. If your 20 is already good to go putting a sponge or cutting some filter material to wrap around the intake won't make it recycle

Most of the fluvals do come apart it's just not very fun and even more to put it back together

So..might be a dumb question..

Can more than one male fertilize a female? Now that my babies are growing up I can see three different characteristics in their colourings/markings. Some have the bumble stripes but they are white instead of black and others are a very bright orange in colour. I'm thinking my orange zebra and either my albino demonsi or the white with orange tipped fins (who I'm not sure of the name) I could try to get some pics of who I think the daddy's might be and the babies if that will help figure it out? I'd really like to be able to tell the people who adopt them what they are besides "bumble hybrids."

Considering they are hybrids they all could be different looking since some could pick up varying traits from each parent. However to answer your question it could be possible for multiple males to fertilize one female but it is unlikely. My big blue hybrid had a sibling that was big and brown for awhile. They can from the same parents totally different looking.

So..might be a dumb question..

Can more than one male fertilize a female? Now that my babies are growing up I can see three different characteristics in their colourings/markings. Some have the bumble stripes but they are white instead of black and others are a very bright orange in colour. I'm thinking my orange zebra and either my albino demonsi or the white with orange tipped fins (who I'm not sure of the name) I could try to get some pics of who I think the daddy's might be and the babies if that will help figure it out? I'd really like to be able to tell the people who adopt them what they are besides "bumble hybrids."

I know they can with dogs.

Female being impregnated by multiple males is possible in other species... Not sure about fish, but I don't see why not if your female is promiscuous ?

Back
Top Bottom