Plz help babies maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is exciting! The more I think about it the less freaked out I am. When I think of how I was when I first found out .. Crazy how ones perception of a situation changes in just a matter of days. Lol! I should hit the sheets now though 5am is going to come fast when its past 1am already lol! I'll be checking tomorrow for the pics of your babies and keeping you both up to date on mine if you like?

Is that a turtle head? Can't be.. I have got to be seeing things from lack of sleep. Lol! You have a couple different batches in there haven't you? They're not all one clutch are they? The size difference between some of them is huge. Your pictures reminded me that I should be thinking about a clean up crew in my planted tank. Any suggestions on what would be the least evasive for babies?

Lol no turtle heads just rocks. And yes there is 3 clutches in there.

And for a clean up crew IMO ghost shrimp are really good. Nothing bigger than the ghost though. Not flower or umbrella shrimp. But if those are too iffy for you what substrate is in the tank now and in the tank that they are going to be in

Right now they're in a bare bottom fluval. I will be putting them in my 20gal planted. It has both fine gravel and black sand. Not sure how many plants are going to be left in there though. Momma bumble has been going to town on them! Grr..lol! It was this pic that looked like a turtle head

Attachments

• image-3189634937.jpg
    image-3189634937.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 54
Oh haha yea it really does!

But you could go with a few small Cory's in there to help with the extra food. Or maybe a Chinese algae eater

I'm not sure I want to go with a cae. They get pretty big and I don't have the space to move it when it does. I'm leaning towards the shrimp. Or maybe a few kuhli loaches? Oh I could pull a couple cory cats out of my 80. Hmm.. You've got me thinking now lol!

I have a couple pandas in my 80 they really do stay small. Maybe I'll put them in the 20 but I'll wait until mom is out. After seeing what she's done to my plants I don't want to see what she may do to the cats lol! On a good note my babies are eating!! YAY!! They're so fun to watch. Some of them are already shaking their tails lol!

Yea about that..my nets are too big for that tank. I've been scooping it out by hand. I don't want to use my syphon for fear I may suck the babies up. Is there an easier way to get the "gunk" out??

Why didn't I think of that!? *derp..hides face* We only use it once a year around here at Christmas. That gives me plenty of time to replace it lol!

Back
Top Bottom