Pond Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys (the chicken isn't decor, lol) We are pretty sure its a large leak because in an hour the water level goes down an inch. We are waiting overnight to make sure it is just not the ripples from the waterfall. Also my dad wants to add some sort of catfish to eat worms and leftover food and possibly small dead fish, any suggestions other then channel cats. The pond is going to house a school of pumpkinseed sunfish, megalotis sunfish, mosquitofish, a catfish, a bristlenose pleco during the warmer months, and some other small schooling fish.

Oh and any objections about having plants on the outskirts of the pond surrounding it such as ferns and multiple types of flowering plants.

I see no problem adding plants. I'd just be careful with what fertilizers you use.

RTC?? :) Just kidding lol

Caleb

It looks amazing! Can't wait to see it with fish! I haven't done much research, but Rainbow Catfish are *maybe*, just *maybe* a good candidate. I don't know how big they get or if they would fit or not. DO some research, they're really cool. I'm sorry but I can't offer any tips or advice for the Chinese Hi Fin Banded Shark. Anyway, looks great!

There is hole in the seam between the liner and the filter. It is a pretty easy fix. And thanks TMRC.

We pached the hole and found the pond still leaking so we had to take apart the waterfall. Under the waterfall we discovered that the liner had folded over so we fixed that problem pretty fast and put the waterfall back together. We have added a few plants: A Nymphaea water lily, a narrow leaf cattail, a golden monkey flower, a endeavor canna, a black gamecock iris, a variegated dropwort, a mares tail, a purple cardinal flower, and a Josephs coat flower. We are going to catch mosquito fish for the pond tomorrow and will get a Chinese Hi Fin either tomorrow or sunday.

Have fun catching mosquitofish. They are livebearers and reproduce pretty quickly. At our dock you can literally just scoop them out with your hands. Anything else other than the shark and mosquitoes?

Have fun catching mosquitofish. They are livebearers and reproduce pretty quickly. At our dock you can literally just scoop them out with your hands. Anything else other than the shark and mosquitoes?

We are planning to do a small school of small sunfish. I have much experience catching mosquitofish even though i haven't caught any the past few years since we moved. Its going to be me my dad and my best friend (also a fish lover) catching the fish, it gonna be pretty Finntastic.

The store is closed so we will not be getting the chinese hi fin until Monday. And do you guys think that a school of white clouds would do well in the pond, I have read that they can survive 40 degree water, but I'm not so sure I believe that.

They are mountain fish so it's possible

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Went to the old creek and... it looked HORRIBLE. We walked to lake and managed to catch three baby sunfish (not sure what kind) and 11-12 mosquito fish there were a lot more out of reach and behind a wall of thorns and poison ivy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't know how you'll ever coach a BN Pleco once it gets cold.d say leave him out!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Good deal. Are the fish in the pond yet? It's too bad that the creek is in bad shape. Same with the woods around my house, so much trash. I think that you could do a school of WCM as long as you keep the pond cool. I seriously doubt they could tolerate temps above 90 degrees, let alone 40 celcius. Or do you mean 40 degree fahrenheit?

Good deal. Are the fish in the pond yet? It's too bad that the creek is in bad shape. Same with the woods around my house, so much trash. I think that you could do a school of WCM as long as you keep the pond cool. I seriously doubt they could tolerate temps above 90 degrees, let alone 40 celcius. Or do you mean 40 degree fahrenheit?

The fish are the pond and we found an additional 2 mosquito fish which creates a total of 13 mosquito fish and we haven't seen the three sunfish yet. I do mean 40 degree fahrenheit, and because there is a constant flow its keeps the water cool.

Back
Top Bottom