Pond Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. I just stocked a pond with goldfish and was wondering. I guess it went with pond stocking so I figured I'd ask! If not, what other small fish will eat Mosquitos? There won't be many Mosquitos there because there is a lot of water circulation, but I don't want the little pond to be a mosquito breeding spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok. I just stocked a pond with goldfish and was wondering. I guess it went with pond stocking so I figured I'd ask! If not, what other small fish will eat Mosquitos? There won't be many Mosquitos there because there is a lot of water circulation, but I don't want the little pond to be a mosquito breeding spot!

Don't worry, there isn't a mosquito larva in the world that can escape the appetite of a goldfish. Drop am earth worm in your pond and see how fast it disappears!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome! Fry galore ??

Caleb

Speaking of fry, I found two tiny baby black neon tetras in my 10g as I was starting to take it down. They are fat and healthy. I tried to find more but so far there are only the two I found first.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432295220.415482.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432295232.662931.jpg

I would just leave her be and the fry that survive will be very hardy.

We don't have many plants in our pond yet, so there are very few hiding places except in the rock but the baby bluegill and goldfish are often see scouring the rocks for food.

We don't have many plants in our pond yet, so there are very few hiding places except in the rock but the baby bluegill and goldfish are often see scouring the rocks for food.

Woops, I forgot to add that if the black neon tetra fry survived so can white cloud fry in my 10g. I will keep them in the 10g until they are big enough to avoid predators and eat flake food.

Don't worry, there isn't a mosquito larva in the world that can escape the appetite of a goldfish. Drop am earth worm in your pond and see how fast it disappears!

Ok awesome!! I don't think they'll try to lay eggs in there, but if they do, it's good to know they'll be eaten!! And I will I'm a few days. I just got them so they are pretty shy and hiding still. They are just starting to wonder out more now!

You'll need to have a male with her to fertilize the eggs. I think it would just be easier to leave them in the pond.

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Quick update: we added 6 more baby sunfish to the pond two days ago. A few minutes ago I noticed mosquito fish fry for the first time, they were sheltering in a bunch of plants. Finally I witnessed a baby bluegill who looked like he/she had lost a very recent fight (his/her tail was twisted to the side and was very pale) hunting the baby mosquito fish and succeeding.

Back
Top Bottom