Poor cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machotaco

Aquarium Advice Freak
So the rundown goes like this. I was at petsmart (possible first mistake) and I just had to buy these six cute Brochis Splendens (emerald Cory's) for my rainbowfish tank, which currently has 2 turquoise and 3 Australian rainbowfish. The tank is 45 gallons. The lady at the store got 5/6 of the corys stuck in the net which made me whimper to watch. This specific store has also given me ich before so low and behold it happened again with the corys. Now I fixed the ich with temperature about 3 months ago without a loss. I've now noticed that one specific Cory had white "fuzzies". I assumed it was from heat but it hasn't gone away. And it only effects on or two corys, nothing else. Please help!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432790316.280867.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's a resistant strain oh ich. I've seen this before with someone else.

Treat with Malachite Green(I think it is?) for tanks with scaleless fish.

No matter what don't treat with salt.

Caleb

I'm hesitant to think it's that for a few reasons, but I will look into that possibly it only attacks the corys? For one. He's had this for four months though so if it was ick wouldn't there be a pandemic by now? Thanks you btw.

It definitely looks like ich. Id try a combination treatment with heat and something with malachite green or copper

The picture is slightly deceiving. Although they look like salt grains they are actually little fluffs... I don't know if that changes anything but until I feel like I have explored all options for medication and types of disease I will do bi daily water changes as medication for the wrong thing can sometimes cause more harm then good. Thank you for your input

The picture is slightly deceiving. Although they look like salt grains they are actually little fluffs... I don't know if that changes anything but until I feel like I have explored all options for medication and types of disease I will do bi daily water changes as medication for the wrong thing can sometimes cause more harm then good. Thank you for your input

Could that be little fluffs like excessive slime coat?

Also any flashing?

Back
Top Bottom