Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm any particular reason ? Live aquaria has them listed as easy. And the description says it's a hardy disease resistant fish . Thanks

I think it has to do with their feeding requirements. Just what i've heard though. I could be wrong... lol :)

So I did some more research on the betta. It seems they are still considered easy by most sites I have found . There is an issue of them being slow eaters and also getting them off live foods. Since I have the puffer I think I may have to pass on the betta because the puffer eats really fast and I don't think the betta would have much of a chance to feed. So I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Ok was in the Lfs and I seen a 6 inch blue tang and now I'm really torn on my future stocking plans since I also really want a powder brown. Are they even compatible ?
If they are then my stock would be
Porc puffer
Dwarf lion
Dwarf angel
Maroon clown
Blue tang
Powder brown tang
And if I can add another a racoon butterfly
Is that overstocked? I know I have been going back and forth with this list but any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ok just came home with 250 gallons of salt. All that's left to do is cement my pipes to the overflow and buy some powerheads. Getting really close to being done.

Hopefully someone can help. I has a CPR 1200 overflow with the lift pump. The instructions say the outlet airline from the pump needs to go in the sump, dt, or overflow box. My question is does it matter where I put it or is it just whatever is easiest? It should function the same either way I just want to get a confirmation on that. Thanks

Cool deal thanks. This is my first tank with a sump any tips on filling it so I don't make a mess when I turn the pump on ? I would rather not have an overflow in the house lol. Thanks

When I first setup I made the water level in the tank where I'd like it to be at all times and then filled the sump to the level I wanted to keep there. When I started the whole thing up it was fine, no overflowing from either end. I think the key is keeping it balanced at all times. I have enough room in my sump to accept any water from the DT without going over and since I run the sump with minimum water levels the tank has enough room in it to aceppt that water if the aqualifter pump were to fail.

:-D

Hope that helps

Well I couldn't get my hands on a powerheads today so I think I will pass up filling it today. I ordered some should take a week . Back to waiting again.

Well I went ahead and filled up anyways I have it running but haven't added salt yet. I have a small drip by one of the overflow bulkheads . I don't know if it's the bulkhead gasket or the pipe where it joins the bulkhead. Not in a good mood about this. I was thinking turn the system off and maybe siliconing a bead around each peice . Good or bad idea?

Hondatek said:
Well I went ahead and filled up anyways I have it running but haven't added salt yet. I have a small drip by one of the overflow bulkheads . I don't know if it's the bulkhead gasket or the pipe where it joins the bulkhead. Not in a good mood about this. I was thinking turn the system off and maybe siliconing a bead around each peice . Good or bad idea?

Sounds good. Glass or acrylic probably cracked from over tightening so dont unscrew the bulkheads otherwise the crack will get bigger

It actually did need to be loosened up. I did that checked for cracks and just reseated the gasket and retightened. No more drops since then. I'm adding salt now . I was wondering if it was ok to add 200 gallons worth. It's a 180 gallon with 55 gallon sump .

Hondatek said:
It actually did need to be loosened up. I did that checked for cracks and just reseated the gasket and retightened. No more drops since then. I'm adding salt now . I was wondering if it was ok to add 200 gallons worth. It's a 180 gallon with 55 gallon sump .

Sounds about right. I needed a bit more salt then estimated too usually.

My water level has risen in my return section of the sump . Is that because the salt is still mixing or do I need to take some water out of the display?

Back
Top Bottom