Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know that's the only thing keeping me going lol. I went with the quickrete . Grains are between the caribsea aragonite oolite and the next bigger caribsea aragonite.

I thought so to with my tank but after the rock is in and everything kinda settles out it won't seem as deep. :)

Yea the water should compress it a little bit. Well I'm done for tonite . Aquascaping this weekend. Will post pics.

. Full tank shot and shots from left to right. First shot at scaping this tank. I'll see how I like it in the morning.

Any one care to comment? I think I'm going to leave it how it is and possibly add just a little more rock.

Hondatek said:
. Full tank shot and shots from left to right. First shot at scaping this tank. I'll see how I like it in the morning.

It looks awesome! Fantastic job!

Can I get some opinions on using tap for the initial fill up. My tap has zero phosphates, nitrites and nitrates. It does have 2.0 ammonia . My thoughts are it would be ok with prime since I will be dosing with ammonia anyways to start the cycle and would be doing a major water change with ro when the cycle finishes and never use tap again. So what are your thoughts?

Hmm, thats a tough one. I'm inclined to say start with ro.di but if you truly have no trates or phosphates in it it makes me wanna say give it a go. I would use a dechlorinator though to remove any heavy metals and other things though..

I just tested again with the same results. I think I may go ahead and use it for the initial fill up. Also do I need my powerheads for when my tank is cycling or can I get away with air pumps for the time being? That will allow me to start the cycle earlier than I planned which would be awesome .

As long as you will be getting the powerheads soon I think you can start. You do want water circulation though. :)

Ok I'll probably just wait it out. Here is my latest stocklist.
Porc puffer
Dwarf lion
Potters angel
Powder brown tang
Marine betta
Blue or naso tang.
Maroon clown
How does that list look?

Back
Top Bottom