Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I think i want to upgrade my lights. I want to get that blue shimmer effect on a decent budget since it's just for looks and not corals. I have a 4 ft 10k 50/50 bulb now. It has a slight greenish tint to the tank . Is it possible to get the effect I want if say I got a dual 4 ft fixture and the right bulb combo?

Mikeclarke said:
A blue throat is not to aggressive it is the least aggressive one.

Its actually the pink tail trigger that's the least. Infact it's considered reef safe. I've got one in my reef now

My nicer trigger has been with corals and inverts for a yr and hasn't.touched any of them. Prob lucky but still. He even goes and gets cleaned from the fire shrimp from time to time.

Yep the pink tail is the least aggressive but you know how I feel about putting triggers with my puff Ibrahim lol. Any suggestions on the light upgrade? An update for you on the cheato the powerhead I had doesn't work so this is what I did. Where the skimmer chamber overflows into the fuge chamber it pushes the sand out a few inches so I balled the cheato up and lodged it right in that spot and it seems to be growing now with the water falling right on it.

FDshoes said:
My nicer trigger has been with corals and inverts for a yr and hasn't.touched any of them. Prob lucky but still. He even goes and gets cleaned from the fire shrimp from time to time.

Same here. I've got 3 in my reef.... A bursa, Humu, and pink tail

Hondatek said:
Yep the pink tail is the least aggressive but you know how I feel about putting triggers with my puff Ibrahim lol. Any suggestions on the light upgrade? An update for you on the cheato the powerhead I had doesn't work so this is what I did. Where the skimmer chamber overflows into the fuge chamber it pushes the sand out a few inches so I balled the cheato up and lodged it right in that spot and it seems to be growing now with the water falling right on it.

Lol I guarantee you he won't touch him. I'll pay if he does lmao my percula pair picks on him sometimes cuz he's such a wuss. A cheap fixture would be a 72" t5 light for $150 or 2 36" fixtures for $100 from aquatraders

I was looking at the 4 ft fish need it fixture. I like how the sides are a little darker since I made that spot for chop in the left side and I think the lower light will be better for him when he wants to just relax. Is that a good fixture

Hondatek said:
I was looking at the 4 ft fish need it fixture. I like how the sides are a little darker since I made that spot for chop in the left side and I think the lower light will be better for him when he wants to just relax. Is that a good fixture

It is but the legs don't extend that far.

Video of porc chop eating a clam. This is the calmest he has been while eating a clam ever. Guess he doesn't want to mess up his new place.

Since the henio is gone it is very peaceful. The tangs swim together . The lion either goes upside down and hangs on the rock or follows porc chop. Neither pay any attention to the tangs. It's great

That video is so cute! It's neat how he sticks his whole head into the clam!

Makes me wanna get one too!

I'm thinking I can add my last fish this weekend. Test results at the end of the first week I added fish are 8.3 ph 0 ammo 0 trite 5 trate and this is before my Pwc this weekend. There is a good healthy fish at the Lfs it has been there about a month. Kind of expensive so I don't want to rush it. I put a hold for a day while I think it over . What does everyone think ?

Back
Top Bottom