Possible Aggression?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tate

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im thinking of my next fish for my 90 gallon tank, currently stocked with two snowflake clowns and a strawberry basslet. The prospects are a yellow coris wrasse and/or a trio of some sort of anthias (most likely both down the road). The problem is that im under the impression that the strawberry basslet with be aggressive toward any fish that has the similar body shape as it. Will it show aggression to any of these fish? Also what anthias would be recommended to keep in a small group? I was looking at the resplendent or ignitus anthias. Would these be suitable for my tank?

Strawberry basslets turn into some mean suckers if I were you id save a headache and remove it but if not. When adding livestock add it when the lights go out to reduce aggression for the strawberry. Anthias are great fish to keep in small groups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If any aggression shows he will surely go. I just can't imagine it though as he's such a small little guy. No aggression so far though.

I think that they will be fine. If the basslet has not picked on anything so far go for it.

-The Reeffantic ??

Any species of anthias I should avoid?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom