post a pic of your planted tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks mr funktastic.

Yes, that is a mated pair. At the time of shooting, their babies actually just hatched and were free swimming. I took some pictures of them but was thinking...heck, i'll take a picture of the whole tank too, so I did. :)

Pictures of the fry can be seen in my gallery. They are the transparent ones around the parents.

i just saw them in the photo gallery. the seem to be very good parents. i had 2 german blues but unfortunatly the came down with droopsy and i lost them but luckily no other fish. i want more but at 15 bucks a pop i just dont have the cash. what are u using for foreground?

ok so i thought i would bring this thread back up for people to update there planted tank pics. i will start with my to gallon highlight tank that has been doing very well lately with no algea problems or anything. as u can see it needs a little trim lol and i put a post in the barter section to hopefull take care of my problem. it needs a good thinning. here it is!
before
img_630560_0_a0942f59a1a6220a22299fef7beaf17e.jpg

after
img_630560_1_b4309b8634987cbf601da93ee9b62f6a.jpg

wow your fish are soooooo colourful lonewolf. love the new roselines. plants are looking healthy but what happend to them all lol? it seems to have thinned out a little

Yes, did major thinning. Pulled a lot of the jungle vals, as they were spreading too much. But they will come back, lol. Trying to thin out the plants hit hardest with algae. Still haven't gotten to the left side much yet. It's getting pretty dense, lol.

I lost both bala's in my 55G due to ick and other diseases. and also a tiger barb. But all other fish are doing ok. Both rainbow sharks in my 55G and my red tail shark in my 75G are doing awsome. As for the foreground plants, they just got too smothered in algae, so I got rid of them. Also got rid of my Creeping Mint due to the algae also. I did replant a few strands of the dwarf hairgrass, in hopes it will start to spread. But it's looking kind of sad right now. The clover in my 75G just keeps getting covered in algae as well. One of these days I'll figure out what the problem is, lol.

Will be setting up a 29G here shortly, have everything ordered for it except the CO2 system. Will stick to lower light in the beginning, then add the CO2 later. Will move my Bolivians over there so maybe I can get some fry. With all the other fish, the eggs don't last.

u might just be dosing to much in your tank. i dont dose anything except flourish every once in a while and i seem to be avoiding the algea. i guess i am just lucky lol. alright everyone else where are those updates???????

I've tried cutting my dosing back now for the last 2 weeks. Just dosing nitrates twice a week, and not full doses. Just enough to get between 15-20ppm. Usually I'll add 5-8ppm to get it back up. Haven't dosed Phosphates, as they have been steady at around 1.5ppm. Then dosing traces 2 times a week. Algae isn't as bad now, but still there. Hopefully I'm getting closer...

i really like the layout and the comour mixes are awesome but u might want to look into some more hardscape for your tank. maube more driftwood or some rock formations becasue once it starts filling out u will loose those peices of driftwoot in the jungle. i have a chunk of driftwood and a big clay pot and they are hardly visible now that the plants have grown in. look foreward to updates :)

hashbaz, that tank looks great!

I really want to post an update on mine, but since I can't see in the tank more than 2 inches (GW) it wouldn't be a very interesting pic. My salvation in the form of a diatom filter is on it's way as we speak. I need to do a major tank replanting anyway; hopefully this weekend I'll have some new pics!

Man, nice looking plants, fish, and tanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom