Post pics of your Pearling Plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All very nice shots and Tanks!!!!!!!!

Odd little moss!!!!! From backyard!!!!!! If it survives and grows, please do keep pics going on that one.

Heh... Pearling BGA!!!

Pygmy Croaking Gourami, or Sparkling Gourami (Trichopsis pumilus) are splendid little animals. They get about 1.5" long and yes, they croak very loud, and often.

Yes, the purple stuff is the roots from the ferns. I have like 6 kinds of java ferns in various tanks, Windelov, Tropica, Narrow Leaf, Needle Leaf, Wide leaf, and Regular. You can do a lot with just the different types of Ferns available.

DSC03556.JPG

DSC03737.JPG

DSC03745.JPG

DSC03865.JPG

DSC03866.JPG

DSC03930.JPG

DSC03924.JPG

DSC03919.JPG

DSC03916.JPG

Ok Dan........you've made your point........your tank is beautiful.....put the camera down and step away from the bubbles. lol :lol:
Love the Anubias flower pearling man........great shot.

Hey my M. Lace has fatter/wider leaves than yours, are there different kinds?

Yes there are different kinds of M. Lace... but I am not really familiar. Yours does look different than mine though. I don't think I could catch a Rummynose in mine LOL...

Taking pictures and sharing them is half the fun, IMO :)

THUD!!

(I just fell off my chair!) :)

I am totally blown away by all of your beautiful tanks and plants. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

dapellegrini said:
Yes there are different kinds of M. Lace... but I am not really familiar. Yours does look different than mine though. I don't think I could catch a Rummynose in mine LOL...

LOL I bet you could if that was your intention Dan.

dapellegrini said:
Taking pictures and sharing them is half the fun, IMO :)

IMO also Dan :)

dapellegrini said:
The macrandra looks happier than mine ever has... I ended up trashing mine. Have you got it to bush out at all for you?

That one stem was just starting to bush out, BUT I did a major clean out of some fast growers right after that pic and after I was done, I looked and didn't see the macrandra anymore. The idiot that I am, threw it in the trash!!

I am left with a 4" stem of it. It is in another tank slowly growing.

Those are some great pics, Dan. I really like the pic of the flower pearling.

Here is a shot of Rotala Macrandra, just got a new camera. I love this plant, just planted 40 stems of it in 4 different tanks. Grew it once a year ago, it did really well for me. Tried it many times since, just melts away. This will be the last try for a while, wish me luck!

A little too close-up, but here is my L. aromatica pearling:

img_795651_0_1ce533bdc42eaf6ed77c3e85879c6ee9.jpg

I have other plants that pearl as well, but can't get good enough pictures of them. ;)

Great pics guys! Jchillin, sometimes ignorance is bliss. The one and only time I got R. Macrandra to grow, I didn't know what it was or how to look after it. It was my first red plant. I put in in my first ten gallon planted tank over a year ago. Like yourself, no ferts, no C02, no knowledge! And boy, did it grow. I had a ton of it. I gave it away thinking I could grow it again no problem. I have not been able to keep it since.

An older picture of some Rotala (I don't have it anymore, far too high maintenance)

Bubbles.jpg

And some Limn. Aromatica that I still have (haven't figured out how to propagate it yet, if I cut it off and replant it, it floats up from the O2 buildup :? )

limn5.JPG

A couple of mine.

Attachments

• stellata2__large__270.jpg
    stellata2__large__270.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 27
  • stellata__large__174.jpg
    stellata__large__174.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 27
Good stuff guys!

Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:
And some Limn. Aromatica that I still have (haven't figured out how to propagate it yet, if I cut it off and replant it, it floats up from the O2 buildup :? )

LOL Wizz.........have you tried floating it till it starts to root?

man you guys have awsome tanks i feel embarrased of my tank.(shaking head in shame)
i use to get pearling till my diy co2 started not to cooperate.great pics and tanks though.

dapelligrini said:
The key is to remove or treat as soon as you see it and correct whatever caused it. Oh and don't take close up pictures of it and then post them on the internet Don't let me fool you into believing that I don't have to deal with algae though... I wish. I think only Travis maintains a 0-algae environment.

hehehe, if only you knew....

no really, he has almost no algae, but the glass does get the occasional scrape

Back
Top Bottom