RIVERCATS 220G Transformation Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm getting the sand and ferts for the finishing of the landscape of my 150g... Any last minute suggestions?

Just go slow and be patient for it to grow in! Then if your like me it will grow in and you'll decide it's not quite right and change it up and have to wait for it to fill in again. But seriously as long as you have everything ready to go... substrate, ferts, CO2 or liquid carbon, good lighting, and some plants to start with that is all your going to need. Good luck!

Thanks Mike! Did you see the other two tanks we started?

Hope you, mom, sister, and baby girls are all doing good and that your not missing too much sleep... lol!

Thanks Mike! Did you see the other two tanks we started?

Hope you, mom, sister, and baby girls are all doing good and that your not missing too much sleep... lol!

Welcome no not yet i was actually about to look to see if you did a thread on the 55 you were talking about. Haven't been on much with everything goin on here. And no I'm not sleeping nearly enough. LoL

I had to do some major work after I got the tank rebalanced. About a year ago I got a tiny 1-1/2" piece of Bolbitus and tied it on a rock. Well it got enormous, about 15 or more inch spread and at least that tall. So I pulled that rock structure in front of the big DW on the left side all apart, added alittle more DW to make the original piece of DW look bigger and moved the Bolbitus more to the back to open up the front of the tank more. I also took and made big stands of all the different plants. I had most of the plants in 2 spots in the tank to spread the color out more but since I was on a roll I moved and grouped all same plants together so they are only in one spot in the tank. My big red tiger lotus was beginning to go dormant so I pulled it out, found the original bulb, moved it and it's already growing a new plant. Then I removed most of the Downoi as it was growing like the ones you see for sale on TPT that one crown is the size of a persons hand and actually opened up a tiny bit of substrate for a change. I also added a tiny start of Crypt Balanese for alittle change. So the transformation got another transformation!

I had to do some major work after I got the tank rebalanced. About a year ago I got a tiny 1-1/2" piece of Bolbitus and tied it on a rock. Well it got enormous, about 15 or more inch spread and at least that tall. So I pulled that rock structure in front of the big DW on the left side all apart, added alittle more DW to make the original piece of DW look bigger and moved the Bolbitus more to the back to open up the front of the tank more. I also took and made big stands of all the different plants. I had most of the plants in 2 spots in the tank to spread the color out more but since I was on a roll I moved and grouped all same plants together so they are only in one spot in the tank. My big red tiger lotus was beginning to go dormant so I pulled it out, found the original bulb, moved it and it's already growing a new plant. Then I removed most of the Downoi as it was growing like the ones you see for sale on TPT that one crown is the size of a persons hand and actually opened up a tiny bit of substrate for a change. I also added a tiny start of Crypt Balanese for alittle change. So the transformation got another transformation!

Wow. Hopefully the weather cools down some soon. I would love to see it!

How's the tank coming along?

I've been sick for several weeks with Mollart's meningitis again so the tank is growing nicely because I was feeling too bad to trim for a couple weeks and plants went wild. So I've slowly been trimming everyone down and hopefully will get pic's soon since it looks quite different from the last time I posted any full tank shots.

I've been sick for several weeks with Mollart's meningitis again so the tank is growing nicely because I was feeling too bad to trim for a couple weeks and plants went wild. So I've slowly been trimming everyone down and hopefully will get pic's soon since it looks quite different from the last time I posted any full tank shots.

I hope you feel better soon!

Isn't Meningitis a brain infection? That sounds really serious. Are you going to be ok? Is there anything we can do?

Isn't Meningitis a brain infection? That sounds really serious. Are you going to be ok? Is there anything we can do?

It is an infection in the cerebrospinal fluid in your spine and between your brain and skull. The first time I had it- it was very bad. Then the 2nd time and another spinal tap revealed it was Mollart's meningitis which means it comes and goes for years. Since I also have RA, an auto immune disease, it may never go away so I take high doses of anti-virals daily. So flare ups aren't nearly as bad as the first time. Hate to say it but I've gotten used to it. Life goes on and this isn't going to stop me.

Back
Top Bottom