Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update on mine...pulled the undergravel plates few days ago. Moved a few things around. Got alot more room now. Drift wood and more slate will be in soon. And After Xmas, gonna probably go with sand. Or different color gravel. Not sure yet. Think I like the open back too, for now.?IMAG2462.jpg

Pulled, replanted, and sold a bunch of plants. Wanted to put a focus on the stones. Still have a lot of AR mini to get rid of. Floating it in the tank in the interim. IMG_4759.jpg

Hi, my name is faelsauce and I've been in the aquarium hobby for going on 2 years. I have 5 tanks running, 2 in waiting. I am going to show you 3 of those 5. I have a bit of an obsession with both naturalistic ecosystems and nano fish! (Particularly ciprinids)

1. The 5 gallon
Made to look like a large tree looms over a rocky Cliffside. Provides many caves for hiding.
Current plants: baby's tears and Christmas moss.
Fish: 0 - PLANNED 5 chili rasbora, 1 okefenokee pygmy sunfish, small colony of crystal red shrimp

2. The 15 gallon
Comprised of Dragonstone and hideous orange gravel, it has potential to be a beauty. I'm planning to put a thin layer of Humate on top, this allowing some of the ugly orange gravel to merely peep through as an accent instead of a blinding spotlight hog.
Plants: water wisteria (rescue), dwarf sag, melon sword, cardinal plant, anubias nana, Christmas tree moss, ducjeeed, spongeplant, mondo grass
Fish: 7 celestial pearl danios, 5 glowlight danios, 5 neon green rasboras, 1 Sunkist shrimp, and 1 Betta (Tiànlong).

3. The 36 gallon
This one is dubbed "Inle lakebed" as it has been a project of mine to make replication of lake Inle in Myanmar where my beloved Sawbwa rasbora are indigenous to. 2 months after purchasing the sawbwa, they were classified as endangered. It is now a conservation tank.
Plants: Amazon sword, melon sword, frogbit, cardinal plant, red ludwigia, valisnera, java fern, Congo fern, (above water line) water hyacinth, giant Amazonian frogbit, duckweed and floating laceweed
Fish: 8 Sawbwa Rasboras, 1 golden pearl gourami, 5 fire ring danios, 5 chili rasboras, 4 amano shrimp, 1 assassin snail, threadfin rainbowfish ( threadies are coming soon)

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
    168 KB · Views: 81
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 91
Hi, my name is faelsauce and I've been in the aquarium hobby for going on 2 years. I have 5 tanks running, 2 in waiting. I am going to show you 3 of those 5. I have a bit of an obsession with both naturalistic ecosystems and nano fish! (Particularly ciprinids)

1. The 5 gallon

Made to look like a large tree looms over a rocky Cliffside. Provides many caves for hiding.

Current plants: baby's tears and Christmas moss.

Fish: 0 - PLANNED 5 chili rasbora, 1 okefenokee pygmy sunfish, small colony of crystal red shrimp

2. The 15 gallon

Comprised of Dragonstone and hideous orange gravel, it has potential to be a beauty. I'm planning to put a thin layer of Humate on top, this allowing some of the ugly orange gravel to merely peep through as an accent instead of a blinding spotlight hog.

Plants: water wisteria (rescue), dwarf sag, melon sword, cardinal plant, anubias nana, Christmas tree moss, ducjeeed, spongeplant, mondo grass

Fish: 7 celestial pearl danios, 5 glowlight danios, 5 neon green rasboras, 1 Sunkist shrimp, and 1 Betta (Tiànlong).

3. The 36 gallon

This one is dubbed "Inle lakebed" as it has been a project of mine to make replication of lake Inle in Myanmar where my beloved Sawbwa rasbora are indigenous to. 2 months after purchasing the sawbwa, they were classified as endangered. It is now a conservation tank.

Plants: Amazon sword, melon sword, frogbit, cardinal plant, red ludwigia, valisnera, java fern, Congo fern, (above water line) water hyacinth, giant Amazonian frogbit, duckweed and floating laceweed

Fish: 8 Sawbwa Rasboras, 1 golden pearl gourami, 5 fire ring danios, 5 chili rasboras, 4 amano shrimp, 1 assassin snail, threadfin rainbowfish ( threadies are coming soon)

These are really nice. Though I like the final jungle effect of my tank, I wish I had the creativity so put a theme together like those.

Thank you! I do a lot of sketching around and can't help myself when I see a particularly sexy rock. Lol. I'll have to take a look at your jungle tank!

Full tank shot

My two 75 gal.s

Attachments

• 20161223_185907.jpg
    20161223_185907.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 20171118_021625.jpg
    20171118_021625.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 76
Another Low Maintenance Tank

Hello...

Got this Chinese evergreen started in this 55 G tank. Used to change half the water every week to maintain very low nitrogen levels. Now, the plant does the job. And, even better than I can. Have a large Whisper internal filter that works at night, while the plant works during the daylight hours to keep the tank water clear of dissolved nitrogen. A heavy fish load and good aeration keeps the plant thriving and the fish have near pure water conditions. Have these house plants in all seven of my tanks now and water changes aren't nearly as frequent.

B

Hello...

Got this Chinese evergreen started in this 55 G tank. Used to change half the water every week to maintain very low nitrogen levels. Now, the plant does the job. And, even better than I can. Have a large Whisper internal filter that works at night, while the plant works during the daylight hours to keep the tank water clear of dissolved nitrogen. A heavy fish load and good aeration keeps the plant thriving and the fish have near pure water conditions. Have these house plants in all seven of my tanks now and water changes aren't nearly as frequent.

B

Really wanna see this tank

where are you trying to post from there are several photo hosts that no longer allow 3rd party sharing .
if your still having issues feel free to pm me and I'll walk you through the motions

All of my fish children. I can't stop this hobby, please help.

Attachments

• 20180106_200101.jpg
    20180106_200101.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 20180107_111306.jpg
    20180107_111306.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 20180107_111321.jpg
    20180107_111321.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom