Powder Red Tang!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjm80

Aquarium Advice Freak
My LFS just got one of these beauties in, and I put a deposit down! He JUST got him in, so I want to watch him for a week or so before I bring him home. What do you think???

To me he looks dyed, that's definitely not a natural color. Were you told how he go that coloring?

If he was dyed I'd get your money back, not only is it a very cruel practice, but the fish don't live that long from the stress of the dyeing process

Hmm, I just think there needs to be more research done. They say as far as they saw they only grew to around 3.15" which I'm weary of considering the smallest tang on LA grows to 6".

I don't know, I just think I'd need to see more research

I knew it was too unnatural looking, didn't fool me!

Nice on going through the trouble of posting and saying you put a deposit down and all that. (y)

You beat me to it. I was going to post that also. It had me fooled also when I saw it a year ago. LOL

lol I was googling tangs a few weeks ago and just googled "powder tangs" and came across the article and thought it was real for a few hours until I saw a side by side comparison of this picture and the original powder blue.

Hah, I went to the link you posted. Once I saw "Acanthurus undecidedus" it was over. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom