Pregnant Guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you made a breeder? She may be holding them as stressed out, also I done a 20% water the night before my guppy had fry, don't know if that had anything to do with her dropping

Still no babies :(

Attachments

• IMG-20130119-00193.jpg
    IMG-20130119-00193.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG-20130119-00196.jpg
    IMG-20130119-00196.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 50
Made a homemade breeder and she was in for 2 days and I finally just took her out and put her back in the big tank

Babies!!!! Found them this morning when I woke up. Took out the ones I found totally 33 I believe!! So I saved a good bunch:) so happy! She still has a bit of a round belly. Not sure if this is normal?

Attachments

• IMG-20130121-00203.jpg
    IMG-20130121-00203.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 55
What was she like yesterday? Any signs? Do you have many other fish? If so you was lucky they didn't get eaten!

Babies!!!! Found them this morning when I woke up. Took out the ones I found totally 33 I believe!! So I saved a good bunch:) so happy! She still has a bit of a round belly. Not sure if this is normal?
Congrats, you done well to have that amount..The round belly should only really last a day or so, if she starts eating and pooping, you know she's done. Now remember the date or write it down because in four weeks(nearly to the day) she's gonna have more, even if there's no male there. She can store sperm for another 3-4 drops...That's a nice batch. Hakari First Bites is a great fry food. You could use crushed(almost to a powder)flakes until you pick up some...Best of luck with them...Ian

Yes she gave birth in my 45 Gallon tank with 5 tetras, 3 dalmation mollies, 4 baby guppys ( 1/2 inch big) so having 33 is surprising!! I didn't really notice any signs at all. She was eating normal, swimming with the other fish. The only thing off tha I noticed was her anus was a large oval shape. Almst as if it was getting squished downwards and out. It was the only reason I shut off my filter and I'm glad I did!

Turned on the filter and found more babies! Haha so the official count is 35!! Planning on raising them up then giving them away and making some local kids happy :) thanks to all those who put up with my constant nagging! Haha

Turned on the filter and found more babies! Haha so the official count is 35!! Planning on raising them up then giving them away and making some local kids happy :) thanks to all those who put up with my constant nagging! Haha
Looking forward to next months batch already...haha

Well it was only off for less then 24hrs but next time I will cover it. I was just wondering when roughly I will be able to tell the sex of the fry??

Well it was only off for less then 24hrs but next time I will cover it. I was just wondering when roughly I will be able to tell the sex of the fry??

I'm not exactly sure with guppies but i think it might be 4-6wk..I think it has to do with the colours(male showing colouring quicker). I stand corrected on that though...I will be interested if someone else knows for sure as i have my first batch(that i'm going to save) of guppies due in about 10 days....

Yes I do have 7 other babies ( roughly 1 month old I'd say) but they all look female to me. Some have LOTS of colour while 4 out of 7 have barley a spot. So noooo clue

It may be hard as they're soo young but can you notice any differences in the anal fin?

Back
Top Bottom