PRL - Autumnsky's next shrimp adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed.

Yes could have sold the PRL for a good amount.

Yes, also really like all the colors of the Golden Bee. There is a mango sunset orange color not all that color just like the under tone like this but a little more color than this pic. The lfs had a display tank next to the cash register /not for sale at that time, with about 6 of them and they were called some fun common name but lfs guy said they were a golden bee color variation.
Golden Bee Shrimp / 6 + 2 Free - Alpha Pro Breeders
Thanks yes this shrimp i am looking for. Hope i get it from my supplier. Lfs only cary neos and mostly sakura or cherry because they are sold fast. Glad i even found a person who trades in shrimps. In whole Dubai city there are only two caridinas traders. Some other stores cary crystals but extremely low grade.

Maybe you can convince the guy to sell them lol? But i think you only want PRL. I sometimes got things from Not For Slae tank by extra price or emotional blackmail lol like i am your regular customer and that.

I will try the - You told me back in January you could probably get some higher grade... I have been patiently waiting... lol Pleading and guilt tripping is not my usual style, but maybe it would be worth it for these!

What happened is that it took him /the seller a couple days to answer my email question, and literally while I responded from his email to me the special high grade group package was sold and not to me. Waaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! [almost crying real tears from that moment].

It was a really good price for really nice shrimp. SS / SSS, mostly SSS.

I will try the - You told me back in January you could probably get some higher grade... I have been patiently waiting... lol Pleading and guilt tripping is not my usual style, but maybe it would be worth it for these!

What happened is that it took him /the seller a couple days to answer my email question, and literally while I responded from his email to me the special high grade group package was sold and not to me. Waaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! [almost crying real tears from that moment].

It was a really good price for really nice shrimp. SS / SSS, mostly SSS.
Very bad. But i think he will have them soon again because these guys always get new stock but always a reasonable price is not guaranteed. Like this time i bought mix good grade and high grades at cheap price but someday they can be expensive. This guy use to sell red king kong for like 15 dollars a shrimp but this time he has which qre 20 dollars a shrimp. Also i see in US prices are higher. Sakura shrimp here is like 1.5 dollar a shrimp and if you buy many you ll have free shrimps too

Not recalling the date, but near at a couple months back lost so many shrimp.

Today I set up their old glass tank, the Fluval Edge 12G and am using the new substrate from CaribSea Samurai Soil.

So far they have been in there about 10 hours and are still alive. Water has cleared up 95% and I did not use the packet of water clear.

It has an old half life left Purigen I laid on top of the outflow from the past tank, been chillin in the tote/plastic tub the shrimp have been hanging out in.

There were only about 15 shrimp and they were not the higher grades. They are really more like S grade.

Looking to buy in the future as previously commented.

There are 2 berried females, one nearing due date one about half way, and maybe , I think I saw a smaller young female berried, not positive yet.

Hoping to post a few pics this week I took tonight.

Yes, I miss the really bustling views/ activity, a little sad looking in there.

I'm wondering . Will be shopping a little faster... I may suffer a depression see it so empty.

It's a we bit too hot for shrimp shipping right now though.

Guess what survives shrimp armageddon?

TMaier, you will believe this one...

Planaria.

I saw two last night. One on the glass, a small one, and on/ slither into the (brand new from the box upon set up) sponge prefilter and disappear!!! ARRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Goat dewormer coming soon to a tank near me! Going to pick up some Safe-Guard 10% Fenbendazole this week and work on figuring out the shrimp safe dosage needed for the size tank.

Also planning to message my old contact and see what stock they have right now.

These guys are not very easy to come up with and have a wide selection of fine quality specimens.

I also had a Planaria infestation and lost like 40 crs before i found out its Planaria. I bought sl aqua sl aqua bio protector z1 to eradicate Planaria but lost too many shrimps. Last night i counted money and i spent too much money on shrimps and on the verge of giving up on them. I ll see if the surviving shrimp breed and grow more but i won't be buying anymore. Every time something bad happens.

Thanks for that link Autumn. I'm still seeing planaria in my shrimp tank. I'm thinking I might look for a real planaria trap rather than my homemade one that doesn't seem to work too great, but the goat dewormer might be on the list too. I need to order some more shrimp since my population has fallen off so much, but the weather's been so hot I didn't want to cook anything in transit.

I think maybe planaria are worse than I thought before. It isn't probably coincidental that all the times that I have seen for an area that I have seen a decrease in my shrimp population as well.

Honestly it's hard to imagine that that tiny little worm can cause that much trouble but it does seem to be parallel to the decrease of population.

It's miserably hot so I also and either going to do overnight overnight or just wait another month or two.

The Planaria have been cruising all around today on the glass every time I look at the tank I see one (or 2) taunting me.

Unfortunately because of the holiday, I wasn't able to grab a bottle of Safe-Guard but will maybe order it online because of my schedule being a little busy and not near the veterinary supply store.

Oh last night I was looking at my plants on the outside table, including potted house plants and planted jar and a couple cups of plants from the PRL plastic tub.

There on top of some of the plants was a beautiful PRL shrimp. I did a double take thinking I must have imagined a PRL shrimp. But there it was in the 30 ounce plastic starbucks cup. I grabbed the cup and it disappeared. Found it hiding under where my thumb squeezed the cup together!

So it survived in 80-99F temps in a plastic cup for some days mostly shaded but hot.
And in a cup with muck in the bottom and the dirty prefilter sponge in there and some pouch of filter media as well. There was a bunch of mostly snail but some shrimp poop too and extra plants.

Got it into the tank with its buddies. Didn't see any dead ones today so I think it made it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom