Problems with ghost shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felku

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently made a 10g planted tank. I have like 15 platy frys there. I put some ghost shrimps and after a week of normal behavior today 4 of them died.

My water parameters are Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0,Nitrate 5pmm and ph pf 7.2

The temp is around 82 most of they while I have the air conditioner turned on and it gets around 86 when is off.

The only different I have done since yesterday was adding a DIY co2. Could co2 be the reason?

Co2 could be the reason. Shrimp are also quite sensitive. Your temp swings could also contribute to it.

Caleb

Co2 could be the reason. Shrimp are also quite sensitive. Your temp swings could also contribute to it.

Caleb

Playing with the co2 I think I may overdose them with co2, since I regulated the co2 , the rest of the shrimps are okay.

Were the ghost shrimps turning white before dying? I find that when.they do, they don't have much longer to live.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It could be the way the shrimp were housed and handled prior to when you purchased them. Ghost shrimp are frequently sold as feeders and perhaps treating them as such can have an effect on their longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It could be the way the shrimp were housed and handled prior to when you purchased them. Ghost shrimp are frequently sold as feeders and perhaps treating them as such can have an effect on their longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It was bought from petsmart so probably treatment weren't good they were in a tank with tons of guppies.

Back
Top Bottom