Progressions to My 5 Gallon: Run-off from "Micro fish for a 5 Gallon?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is what I got at the LFS:

African Water Fern:
IMG_1381[1].jpg

Dwarf Hairgrass:
IMG_1382[1].jpg

Full tank shot:
IMG_1388[1].jpg

Obviously, we have some growing in to do! But, things are definitely starting to come together and I am very excited!:)

FreshObsessed said:
100th post! :dance:

African Water Fern:

Dwarf Hairgrass:

Full tank shot:

Obviously, we have some growing in to do! But, things are definitely starting to come together and I am very excited!:)

Taller plants!!! :p

FreshObsessed said:

African Water Fern:

Dwarf Hairgrass:

Full tank shot:

Definitely coming along nice! what about some jungle val for the back of the tank?:)

I have definitely been looking into val. I'm doing taller plants in the back and shorter plants near the front, with exceptions. ;)

jetajockey said:
African water fern actually gets really tall, the pieces I had before I sold them were about 12-14" tall.

Wow! Hard to believe with that tiny plant :eek:.

You should try aponogeton bulbs. They're hit and miss but they're so pretty :eek:

Wow! Hard to believe with that tiny plant :eek:.

You should try aponogeton bulbs. They're hit and miss but they're so pretty :eek:
How are they a hit or miss?
I know it is pretty hard to believe. Will have to re-scape eventually!

Here is the piece I sold a few months ago
img_1931291_0_978aa1e742f72f5cfe7674e75e3af8af.jpg

The LFS lady told me to plant it in the substrate...oops.

Hey Coursair, I have been waiting for you to comment. In a video you posted on my past thread of your 10 gallon jungle it looked like grass was hanging down from the top of the water, how do you do that, I want to do that in my tank :)

The LFS lady told me to plant it in the substrate...oops.

Hey Coursair, I have been waiting for you to comment. In a video you posted on my past thread of your 10 gallon jungle it looked like grass was hanging down from the top of the water, how do you do that, I want to do that in my tank :)

You don't need to wait :) Just PM me questions.
That is Amazon Frogbit and Duckweed. Both are floating plants. I thin them out once a week. Frogbit is cool, Duckweed looks so pretty at first, but it's a monster.

You don't need to wait :) Just PM me questions.
That is Amazon Frogbit and Duckweed. Both are floating plants. I thin them out once a week. Frogbit is cool, Duckweed looks so pretty at first, but it's a monster.
In hind site it would of been smarter to do that, lol! Yeah, I do not want any salvinia in my tanks, no no no!!! I heard it is nearly impossible to get all of it out.

I am definitely gonna try and get some Frogbit, it looks awesome. What other plants are in your jungle? I love it, I want to add some of the same plants to this tank. :)

In hind site it would of been smarter to do that, lol! Yeah, I do not want any salvinia in my tanks, no no no!!! I heard it is nearly impossible to get all of it out.

I am definitely gonna try and get some Frogbit, it looks awesome. What other plants are in your jungle? I love it, I want to add some of the same plants to this tank. :)

I have these listed in my Album
var. Crypts
C. lucens
C. wendtii "Mi Oya"
C. retrospiralis
Ludwigia Repens
Dwarf Chain Sword
Var. Mosses
Java
Fissidens
Xmas etc...
Myriophyllium Mattagrossense
Duckweed
Amazon Frogbit
Bolbitis
Java Fern
Bacopa sp. (?)
Dwarf Red Tiger Water Lily
Ludwigia "Red"
Moss Ball

I think that's it ?

I have these listed in my Album
var. Crypts
C. lucens
C. wendtii "Mi Oya"
C. retrospiralis
Ludwigia Repens
Dwarf Chain Sword
Var. Mosses
Java
Fissidens
Xmas etc...
Myriophyllium Mattagrossense
Duckweed
Amazon Frogbit
Bolbitis
Java Fern
Bacopa sp. (?)
Ludwigia "Red"
Moss Ball

I think that's it ?
I like C. Lucens, all the mosses, bacopa, frogbit, myriophyllium mattagrossense, bacopa sp, and red ludwigia. :) Might have to get all of them ;)

FreshObsessed said:
I like C. Lucens, all the mosses, bacopa, frogbit, myriophyllium mattagrossense, bacopa sp, and red ludwigia. :) Might have to get all of them ;)

myriophyllium mattagrossense needs high light to achieve its "frilly" look. Co2 is also needed I believe. This is my absolute favorite plant, it looks AMAZING under high light and CO2!! For the red in the ludwigia, higher light is also needed.

Back
Top Bottom