Progressions to My 5 Gallon: Run-off from "Micro fish for a 5 Gallon?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
myriophyllium mattagrossense needs high light to achieve its "frilly" look. Co2 is also needed I believe. This is my absolute favorite plant, it looks AMAZING under high light and CO2!! For the red in the ludwigia, higher light is also needed.

Actually I was told my MM would need C02, but it grew great in my tank with no CO2 once it got established.

Ludwigia "Red" keeps at least some red even in low/med light at least mine has.

I'm sure they look better under high tech conditions, but I threw them in my tank anyway. Free plants, I'm always willing to try ;)

YMMV :p

Do you have any Val in your 10 G? Looked in your Jungle album and in the bottom right corner it looked like some type of val :p I want some.

The dry bulbs sometimes don't exactly do the best, but they're sometimes quite beautiful -- all what I've read.

Youve got so many ideas going on here :eek: I can't keep things straight lol.

The dry bulbs sometimes don't exactly do the best, but they're sometimes quite beautiful -- all what I've read.

Youve got so many ideas going on here :eek: I can't keep things straight lol.
It is getting hard to follow! I have read plenty of great of ideas and I am so grateful for every member who has posted on this thread because I would be lost with out you guys, right now!

Just got an email that my Micro Swords are shipping ATM! I expect them to be here Wednesday- Thursday.
Not much else is goin' on in the tank but I want the discussion to keep coming.

Besides that. All my fish are fine and I have gotten down to two options for my final stocking.

Possible Stocking Options:
#1:
6 CPDs
1 Sparkling Gourami
Snails
Shrimp

6 CPDs
2 Norman's Lampeye Killifish
Snails
Shrimp

*not sure what Species of Shrimp I'll be getting, probably CRS..

Need some help from you guys to make a final decision. Won't get the fish for a week or two, and the Shrimp won't be in for probably 3 weeks - a month. I want to get some natural cover in my tank first for the shrimp to feel secure in, as well as the Nano fish, which are generally nervous, shy fish. As suggested by Coursair: great advice!

Thanks all! :ROFLMAO:

To be honest, I'm not a big fan or gouramis n general, so I say got for the killis!
I like Honey Gouramis and Sparkling Gouramis, but the Lampeye Killis are beautiful as well. This decision has a week or two left though, I will wait it out :)

Just make sure it's 1 and only 1 sparkling...they don't really care for each other from what I've seen

This place also has Pygmy sunfish haha I think they have some badis badis, they may have sold out though, if I was better at shipping stuff, id buy one and ship it to ya, but I wouldn't know what to do or how to do it haha

Back
Top Bottom