Puke?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

do fish throw up cause one of mine kinda 'threw up' yesterday it wasnt eating or anything just all of a sudden she was swimming, stopped, and spit out some stuff

just trying to figure out whats wrong

Water Params

pH: 7.3
Ammonia, NiTRiTES: 0

and thats all the tests i have

Which one did this? What did it look like (try not to be over descriptive..ewwww)?
Are you possibly overfeeding?

I've seen my fish "spit" food back out but not regurgitate.

it was one of the black mollies she was just swimin ad all of a sudden spit out stuff that looked dusty and like sand(hopefully i wasnt too descriptive)

and yea sometime when they eat if they have too much they spit it out but she wasnt eating when she did this

yea i have been feeding her, she is fine sh hasnt done it lately, i just dont get why that would happen

she wasnt at the bottom though

she was at the top swimming by the heater

lol, its okay JC

im not mad at you typos are sometimes fun to figger out

:mrgreen:

i still havent been answered to what this is?

i want to know if she is gonna die or something

we pretty much have no clue.. just watch her, she might have just ate to much or something and it took awhile to come back up.. or maybe she was eating something and you just didnt notice.. id just watch her for awhile.

Devilishturtles said:
Probably normal. Chances are she was picking some stuff outta the gravel or something and spit it out. :wink:

I have to agree. When they scavenge of the bottom they will pick up all sorts of stuff. It's normal to see them spit out what ever is not edible. Your fish is not sick.

yea but she wasnt at tje bottom she wasnt there the whole time i watched her
Rach101 said:
she might have just ate to much or something and it took awhile to come back up

is that possible?

also when she puked, she was kinda shakin alittle bit with all her fins compressed to her body

hopefully that helps more

Back
Top Bottom