Pygmy cories breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

libertybelle

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Pygmy cories, until recently, shared a tank with a bunch of voracious guppies. The guppies got an upgrade so in the last couple weeks they’ve had far less competition for food and are getting fed much better. And then this evening I came home and saw these.

Is this just Cory poop from them eating more or did they spawn while I was gone?

They only share the tank with a few cherry shrimp and a couple mystery snails now. There are also a few teeny guppy fry but they’re only a couple days old, not big enough to eat them if they are eggs.

Just curious because if they are indeed eggs I will avoid them while cleaning up the substrate in the hopes of getting to see a few little surprises in the tank.

Up close they look too opaque to be fish eggs, but I’ve never seen them spawn so I’m just not entirely sure what they could be. (No new additions lately that could have brought snail eggs or anything unexpected)

Edit: finally found a picture online of Cory eggs, which confirmed these are too opaque and too oval. Maybe it’s just as simple as these guys are finally getting their fair share of the food and so I’m seeing more detritus :lol: fingers crossed I will get to see eggs one day. These guys are adorable and I’d love to see the fry grow up!

Attachments

• F0ABC404-F356-445B-A29A-06B2DDE764D6.jpg
    F0ABC404-F356-445B-A29A-06B2DDE764D6.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom