Quartz92 31g Cichlid Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That will clear it up, but that is just temporary... I would guess that once you start getting algae on the rocks and such, that algae will out-compete the suspended algae for nutrients, or it will probably starve itself out before that point.

Sterilizers have their time and place, but I am of the mind that they are an unnatural remedy to a problem that unless is very severe, like an outbreak of green water, then you can control it by limiting the sources.

Well it's been a while since I have posted here so this is the update.

1 Yellow lab (1.0)
1 Blue lab (0.1)
4 Black Acei's (3.1) Breeding occured female currently holding.
1 Saulosi (0.1)
4 White lab (0.0.4)
4 Acei (0.0.4)

3 Yellow lab fry and 7 Socolofi fry all still living and looking very nice!
(I am potentially going to convert this tank into a smaller up to one inch fish tank)
and my other 10 gallon as a nursery.

What do you think about my future set up as a nursery?
Please do not criticize the amount of fish I have in my tank as I am always trading fish with a good friend of mine and most fish are in my tank are only there for a short period of time.

I would also like to know what I could put in the 10gallon with the cichlids that could potentially eat algae?

Otos eat some algae and I think they'd be ok in the nursery tank since the fish will be small. Otos hide well too, so that's another plus (so they shouldn't be harrassed). They eat the soft green and brown algaes you see.

Back
Top Bottom