Question about lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cd5

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought Aquatic Gardens Mini-Life Aquarium One Gallon Kit
and I was hoping just to try a polyp and mushroom tank only with maybe a hermit and snail and piece of live rock for my office desk, the light is a 7 watt, the only bulb that I can find for it is a 9 watt actinic only light and a 13 watt 50/50 bulb, I don't think those will work?, anyone know where I could find light bulbs rated for 7 watts,
thanks

One gallon? 8O Don't know about the bulbs... but for a tank that small, I'd say best of luck to ya! :D Is there even room for a powerhead, or a filter? Damn my curiosity.

~~Rob

It is one of those small filters that are see through, I was going to use Purigen as my filter media and use RO/DI water, I was going to use only low light corals, I am not going to put any fish, just a blue hermit and a snail(small like bumblebee or margarita), I already have 2 20 gallon saltwater tank with corals, wih a filter and a tank that small I would not need a powerhead I do not think

What kind of bulb(flour, pc, etc)? What type of socket(small base, med base, double ended )?

Big Al's online has a 7 watt bulb in white and Drsfostersmith.com has a 7 watt incandescent bulb.

Back
Top Bottom