question for all the saltwater fans please help:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnhartigan

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a marineland 20 gallon tall fish tank with fresh water in it now, I was told it can be salt really easily it is the led kit with lunar lighting Bio wheel 150 filter heater, what would I need to do to turn it into a salty tank?:) thanks for the input ahead of time!!

johnhartigan said:
So I have a marineland 20 gallon tall fish tank with fresh water in it now, I was told it can be salt really easily it is the led kit with lunar lighting Bio wheel 150 filter heater, what would I need to do to turn it into a salty tank?:) thanks for the input ahead of time!!

Someone? Please:)

It's a bit more than that, did you want to do a reef or a FOWLR tank? I've been reading up on saltwater tanks and how to take care of them for about 3 months and I still haven't learned alot:/ I think the best advice is to stay with FW for a while, then jump over to the salty side;) lol

Austin.b said:
It's a bit more than that, did you want to do a reef or a FOWLR tank? I've been reading up on saltwater tanks and how to take care of them for about 3 months and I still haven't learned alot:/ I think the best advice is to stay with FW for a while, then jump over to the salty side;) lol

For a small tank like mine I want to do fowlr my lights say there Reed capable but I don't trust it;p

Just sand live rock and salt and let it cycle
This really is all you "need" ....Don't make saltwater too complicated ,,its not..If you can keep a freshwater tank, you can keep saltwater..Just need a few extra things..I would get a refractomer not a hydrometer ,,saltwater test kits and a powerhead ..Get a pair of clowns and goby and enjoy(after the cycle obviously)(y)

Sniperhank said:
I'm familiar with the lights you have. They might be able to keep some softies, but I wouldn't try corals under them.

Thanks for the input I'm eventually gonna try marine

Back
Top Bottom