Question on possible tank purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hovoc

Aquarium Advice Activist
THeres a 45 gal. bow front listed locally with stand. It was previously used with salt water, but i dont do that.

Its up for sale for $100, for tank and stand. My question is, would this be a good price for this, knowing I would have to go pick up a filter, and other hardware?

The tank doesn't leak, but he said theres mopisture around back and would suggest resealing, which wouldnt be a problem for me.

I recently paid $150 for a 16 bow & stand w/ hood, so I'd say "Go for it"

my biggest concern is that he says theres coralline growing on the front glass, how hard is this to remove?

That sounds like a good deal to me. Acrylic tanks are usually more expensive. I'd make sure the "leak" would be fixed with resealing. And of course check it out before buying to make sure it isn't scratched.

Sorry, I'm not sure about the Coralline.

I did buy a tank that was used for SW before and just gave it a few good rinses before I used it. It didn't have anything strange growing in it though.

Go for it, that's a great deal! A 36 bow around here goes for about $120, and that's a smaller tank with no stand or accessories. The coralline won't be that big of a deal to remove. You can scrape it off with a razor blade, or the Kent Pro Scraper would also do the job nicely and has a handle that makes it easy to work with. Just take your time and be careful to not scratch the glass. :D

If you use a raozr blade make sure that the glass is wet so that you don't scratch it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom