[Question]Water Flow To Direct Bottom Waste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqheart

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've seen in various comments that people point their flow in a certain direction to collect bottom tank waste in a dead spot for easy siphoning.

If anyone has that setup would you elaborate on how it's done please? (Also do any conflicts occur with other filters/sump because of that flow?)

(Just googling aquarium water flow, types of water flow, aquarium eddy, bottom water flow, etc doesn't turn up anything too usable for me)

If possible could you include drawings/pictures? Helps with visualizing~~

Thanks!

I'll start by saying that I really don't know. But... If I had to hazard a guess... I would say they are probably using power-heads and positioning them toward the main filter pick up, or maybe toward a specific corner of the tank.

I can't imagine a surface power-head, or surface filter exit, would create enough flow at the bottom of your tank to effectively move much across the substrate.

But, I may be 100% wrong...

I don't know. But my aquarium has very little flow from my filter . Power head are not a option because its very noisy and it look bad. I am still thinking a alternative for my 30 gallons . Something like a reef fan looks ok. Maybe a bit strong do.

Back
Top Bottom