questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I've both researched and experienced, guppies don't do so well with salt. Mollies and platies Do much better with aquarium salt in the water, but even mollies like brackish water (marine salt not aquarium salt.)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Funny you say that, considering I've seen guppies breeding in fully marine aquariums.

I've just never had good outcomes with guppies and salt, my experience and experience of people I know.

I've just never had good outcomes with guppies and salt, my experience and experience of people I know.

Didnt mean to invalidate your experience, just something cool I've seen lol. Of course that took a lot of acclimation, so it's not normal or ideal.

Can I rip apart 2-3 moss balls and get it to grow fast and carpet

Sent from my Zeepad 7DRK using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Any suggestions on plants that will cover my travel so I can get corys

Or is it bettey to just put sand in with some ferns

Any suggestions on plants that will cover my travel so I can get corys

You don't need plants to cover your gravel unless it is very sharp. Or you could go with sand.

It is the stuff at Walmart kind or sharp some round

Can I have a rainbow bomies or something colerful

Expensive fish food?

So you intend to raise your own fish food? Bigger fishes eat smaller ones.

What is a good rainbow

OK reside
6- Molly's
4- platy
2- dwarf gouramis,...,.....,.............,..will get at same time
6- guppys
6 - Cory's
6- kuhlies loach
3 white skirt tetras
3 black skirts tetras
5 neon or cardnils

You know, you are going to do what you want in spite of the advice.

You have fish such as the mollies, that nearly require a little salt with fish that are sensitive to salt, such as the corys and the loaches. Tetras don't particular like salt either. Corys can tolerate salt for short periods of time and it should be used in treatment of ich, but there is not much salt in the slow moving streams in South America where they are from. Hence for their long term health it should not be used.

Mollies and guppies in particular like hard alkaline water, though guppies readily adapt, mollies are prone to ich in soft water without salt constantly in the water. Guppies have even been found in similar brackish water as mollies as well as straight up fresh water so salt is not an issue for them.

Both mollies and guppies are live bearers, but I would doubt you'd keep many of the babies with the much larger gouramis in the tank, but the adults are large enough to survive.

About 24 percent of the Dwarf gouramis raised for aquarium trade in Singapore may carry dwarf gourami iridovirus. So it will pay you to know something about that disorder. They are also bubble nest builders and hence, like nice quite water, where as most of the loaches come from mountain streams and like fast moving water.

No consideration has been given to ph and water hardness favored by most of the fish. Both the live bearers like hard alkaline water and everyone else likes soft acid water. Fortunately, most of them are a hardy group and all tolerant of neutral ph and average hardness of water. . If you keep your ph neutral 7 and your water hardness near 12, not one will fail to live a full life span.

Do as you wish and subscribe to a good Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine such as TFH. You can learn a lot about tanks based on what might actually be found in nature living in the same area with similar requirements.

Have fun with your tank.

OK reside
6- Molly's
4- platy
6- guppys
6 - Cory's
6- kuhlies loach
3 white skirt tetras
3 black skirts tetras
5 neon or cardnils

OK reside
6- Molly's
4- platy
6- guppys
6 - Cory's
6- kuhlies loach
3 white skirt tetras
3 black skirts tetras
5 neon or cardnils

So in a twenty nine, those are the fish you want FOR SURE? That's a touch overstocked. All livebearers are 1M to 3F.

Try-
3 mollies
3 platies
1 dwarf gourami (I have seen the results with two males, I had a tank the same footprint as a little kid and we got two at the same time. They tore each other apart, resulting in one death then the other died of dwarf gourami disease, or iridovirus however that's spelled.)
3 guppies
6 peppered or panda cories
6 khuli loaches (you will need a lid that has no holes in it. They will swim up pipes, etc. if you aren't ready for that a bristlenose Pleco is a good option)
6 black skirts or 6 white skirts or 5 cardinals (they are very nippy and I doubt the two types will school together, someone can correct me, but if you have at least six of one type they will nip each other and not the other fish. Also, it is either these or the cardinals)

Also, we all are confused. Before you post another stock list please give us a chance to reply to one or questions about fish before you decide you don't want it. It's hard to keep up. :)

OK
How about
3- Molly's
6- guppys
7- platy
1- DG
6- Cory's
1 pleco
8-10 neon tetras
I'm growing them out for a 50 gallon I'm getting for. Christmas

It needs to be a BN or bulldog, a small type. You can't do seven platies, 4 maybe with lots of water changes and 4 guppies.

A very tiny loach that is moderately priced is the Laos Pygmy Multi Striped Loach. I have a handful in my 29 and they're invaluable.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

when i get a 50=gallon tank can i get a angle
and
what is wrong with the angles at walmart it is like they are drunk

They are probably ill from toxin poisoning

Back
Top Bottom