quick help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimberly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Normally my husband posts here these days under my name. He is the owner of all the s/w tanks. He is out of the country right now & I am in charge of the tanks. I cannot contact him even though I have tried.

His tank is fullof bubbles. They are everywhere. I am sure it is a simple fix, but I don't know what to do to fix it. Thanks.

what kind of setup do you have? if you have a sump( a tank under the main tank ) then it might be low on water or the skimmer is feeding the main with bubbles. if you dont have a sump and the main tank if low on water then a power head might be feeding it air..

We would need to know more about the tank as far as filtration is concerned. Possibly needing a top-off (sump?) and/or skimmer producing bubbles, etc...

I don't know more, but there is a sump so I will add water & see if that helps.

Look to see if there is a pump having a hard time taking in water by sucking air. It'll be noticeably loud...

I hope this was not straight tap water and since you added 5 gal of water, I assume the tank is somewhat big?

It's a 190 gal tank with a 120 gal fuge. 5 gal of chlorinated tap shouldn't harm 310 gallons but in the future it's best to either use ro/di or at the very least dechlorinated tap water.

I guess the auto-top off idea hasn't been implemented yet.

kimberly, tanks typically loose 1%-2% of FW from evaporation every day depending on temperature/lighting/time of year and your tank should loose around 2-5 daily and needs to be topped of at least 2-3 times a week with FW to keep the sg stable.

The ole low sump trick huh. You should be OK now. As Micah said keep an eye on it as it will go back down.

Back
Top Bottom