Rachelle's 180 gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope wasn't worried. I am worries about my nem though. Any thoughts from anyone.

how is the water? try and test some of the trace elements to see if its gettign all its nutrients from the water

Actually npw i remember you moved your lr over to the new so your old isnt setup. Has it eaten anything recently? Have you tried moving him up to more light?

He actually moved himself down away from the light. Problem is now I can't see him because he moved to the back side of the rocks. I have no idea how he looks. Can't feed him because I can't see him so hoping he is getting what he needs. Should I try moving the rocks to find him?

What trace elements should I be testing? I know the calcium was a little low and I started dosing with Reef 1&2. There was also a little phospahate. Sorry I don't remember the exact numbers. I can check again tonight. And as of yesterday: ammonia 0, trate 0, trite <5

Just out of curiosity, have you got a complete stock list together? I was wondering what all you were wanting to keep.

I don't have a full stocking list in place now. Still trying to make some decisions.

What we have now:
2 snowflake clowns
2 black percs
1 blue spot goby
1 sailfin tang
1 solaris wrasse
1 royal gramma

3 blood red shrimp
6 peppermint shrimp
1 porcelain crab
1 Sally lightfoot
And some various hermits and emeralds.

Plus the coral and bta

I don't have a full stocking list in place now. Still trying to make some decisions.

What we have now:
2 snowflake clowns
2 black percs
1 blue spot goby
1 sailfin tang
1 solaris wrasse
1 royal gramma

3 blood red shrimp
6 peppermint shrimp
1 porcelain crab
1 Sally lightfoot
And some various hermits and emeralds.

Plus the coral and bta

looks like a great start! I'm partial to the snowflakes myself, LOL, just not in the budget just yet.

Are you gonna add anymore tangs? I love tanks with tangs! :-D

Another tang is one possibility we have discussed, but they take a lot of your stocking room so not sure.

Here is one possible stock list adding on what's there:
McCroskers flasher wrasse (1M-4F)
2-3 various fairy wrasse
Yellow watchman goby
Black combtooth blenny
Smaller tang

Other options I like
2 blue spot jawfish
ORA mandarin (worried about not eating prepaired and wrasse tend to pick at pods so this option is maybe still a no)

I'm open for suggestions really

Def jealous about the snowflakes! Lots of people say dont move the rocks... Its tough not to see your friends though so you make the call but if its found somewhere to be happy might be better for it.

i wouldn't be to concerned with the bio load of the tangs, they are hardy fish, its more the swimming room they require. with a good skimmer and a good fuge you should be fine.

i've seen heavily and i mean heavily stocked 90 gallons with 3 tangs and 15 other fish one beign the very difficult moorish idol

i wouldn't be to concerned with the bio load of the tangs, they are hardy fish, its more the swimming room they require. with a good skimmer and a good fuge you should be fine.

i've seen heavily and i mean heavily stocked 90 gallons with 3 tangs and 15 other fish one beign the very difficult moorish idol
But every tank is different just because someone can do it doesn't mean everyone can.

Back
Top Bottom